Is Ethereum price updates no longer supported?

Options
Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I noticed I have not gotten any Ethereum  updates for almost a week. Like others, I have been using the symbol INDEX:ETHUSD200, so I checked to see if anything was up with that. See picture, that's no longer in the list! I then checked for any Ethereum price symbol and none exists. I searched for Ethereum, and even sorted through all the 'Eth' matches - nothing. What's up with that?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It looks like there might be some work being done with the Securities List regarding this.  When I first saw your post I tried to enter this index and, like you, did not find it.  Instead Quicken showed a listing for INDEX:ETH200RP.
    I searched again just a few minutes later and INDEX:ETH200RP no longer showed up but INDEX:ETHUSD200 did show up.  Maybe you want to check in your installation, again?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am getting the RP ones now. Should I use one of those I wonder?

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I just checked, again, and I did not get INDEX:ETH200RP and got only the INDEX:ETHUSD200. 
    Then I checked, again (just a couple of minutes later), and I get INDEX:ETH200RP but not INDEX:ETHUSD200.
    This is really weird. Because of this inconsistency I think I'd wait until tomorrow to see if the situation stabilizes some.
    Maybe someone else knows what might be going on and will comment here?

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I don't search using the index prefix and find 13 distinct Ethereum indices are available in a scrollable list:

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I find that using the Add Security process that @Don Awalt and I have used previously still returns the same inconsistencies in the search results.
    Using @Sherlock 's process and searching for "ethereum" I found that none of the INDEX:ETHUSDXX0 indexes show up on the "Index" tab but many of the INDEX:ETHXX0RP indexes (including INDEX:ETH200RP) do show up.
    When searching for "ether" the Index tab showed some of the INDEX:ETHUSDXX0 indexes and some of the INDEX:ETHXX0RP indexes but not all of either of them.
    When searching for "eth" the Index tab showed the INDEX:ETHXX0RP indexes but none of the INDEX:ETHUSDXX0 indexes.
    These Index tab results inconsistencies from the various searches (eth, ether, ethereum) might be the reason why @Don Awalt and I have gotten inconsistent results using the Add Security process that we had been using.  It's like Quicken is getting confused about what to display.
    @Don Awalt - Maybe you want to try testing out some of these different indexes to see if any of them provide the type of results you want to see?  If you do this you might want to try setting them up in a new TEST file to avoid presenting any risk to your main data file.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Don Awalt - Have you tried using one of the RP indexes? 
    On Monday and today I tried to add several of the INDEX:ETHUSDXX0 indexes as securities and none of them show up as options in Quicken any longer but the INDEX:ETHXX0RP indexes still do.
    Then I did Google searches for INDEX:ETHUSD100 and INDEX:ETHUSD200.  They led me to the following June 8 statement by Ameritrade regarding ETHUSD100.  There was a similar statement regarding ETHUSD200.  I find it interesting that June 8 is very close to the date you started this thread (June 6).:

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac interesting! I have actually been using INDEX:ETHUSD5 the last couple of weeks and it seems to be working fine! Thanks for this info though, if I have more trouble I'll do this...
This discussion has been closed.