Projected Balances

I don't understand the projected balance account is wrong (but corrects itself a few days later) showing a negative balance without any transactions happening at this time. Each month on the 15th it dips down about $2K and then comes back up. But, I don't have any bills at that time. What is this dip coming from?

Comments

• M - N Putzer
    M - N Putzer Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    After a lot of looking around and calculations. The amount every month it is dropping are 2 paid off car loan amounts plus a loan payment that is no longer paid on that day, but was moved to the 20th. The loan payment does show correctly on the 20th also. None of these amount still show in the monthly bills, income and transfers though.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That "nothing scheduled" seems to be a quirk in Quicken ... a transfer transaction where the Checking account is the destination in the category field of the transfer may not always show in the popup
    If the car loans have been paid off, are the Scheduled Reminders to make payments still lurking around in Quicken?
    Look in Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders. Delete those reminders.
  • M - N Putzer
    M - N Putzer Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I had checked that out before. There is nothing in reminders for around that date at all.
  • M - N Putzer
    M - N Putzer Member ✭✭✭
    After your comment I looked further again. It seems that the loan which was set up is still sending out reminders for the car loan, even though it is paid up. I went to planning tab and budget line for loan and each month going forward there are 2 items on it for the amount of the car loan. This does not show up in the bills and reminders page. I'm wondering how to get those cleared since the loan itself says it is paid. Unless I just delete the loan.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, I had checked that out before. There is nothing in reminders for around that date at all.
    Don't restrict your search to just "around that date". This reminder is past due for several months already.
    You should see it when looking at Tools / Manage Bills and Income Reminders, sorted by Date column.
    You should also be able to see it both in your checking account and in your loan account register as past due transaction(s).
    If all else fails, contact Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and let them share the screen with you. They should be able to locate this ghost.

Note: Your browser must allow popups from https://www.quicken.com for chat/phone support selections to function. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870684/faq-talk-to-support-does-not-respond#latest

This discussion has been closed.