Cannot reload Quicken

scottnew67
scottnew67 Member ✭✭
I've had trouble opening Quicken from the icon but was able to reload from the backup. When trying to save Quicken quit. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Quicken support to no avail. I then deleted the Quicken file, rebooted the computer and now cannot load Quicken at all. About time to change to another financial program other than Quicken!
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @scottnew67,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with not being able to load your Quicken desktop application. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• scottnew67
    scottnew67 Member ✭✭
    I have reinstalled quicken numerous times and rebooted my computer. I was online yesterday for 2 hours with quicken help in person but no difference. The quicken help gave me a dummy icon "test.qdf" which allow quicken to open, but indicates it cannot find the file; however, I am able to open my file now that quicken is open. I am also able to open quicken using the backup file. Once I'm in quicken and try to save a backup file, the file is backed up but the quicken crashes. Bottomline is that I cannot open quicken with the normal icon nor save a backup without a quicken crash. Other than that, once I get into quicken via the backdoor everything seems fine.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @scottnew67,

Thank you for responding thoroughly and providing more information. 

You are more than welcome to continue using the workaround for your file or you may do what the Support Agent advised and contact Microsoft for help with uninstalling the latest update. 

I do apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• scottnew67
    scottnew67 Member ✭✭
    Thanks!! :)
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @scottnew67

You are very welcome.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.