Options
catzela
catzela Member
Cannot get Quicken to run in S mode

Comments

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's because it doesn't come from the Microsoft store.  I believe only software from the MS Store will run in S mode
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Correct. Quicken does not come from Microsoft's store, so it cannot run in S mode. You will have to exit S Mode.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Exiting S Mode is a one way process.  You need to decide which is more important to you, Quicken or S Mode, it is one or the other.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    catzela said: Cannot get Quicken to run in S mode
    just wondering what kind of PC you are running -
    This exact topic was discussed years ago for the MS Surface -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note that these days for a Windows 11 machine, S mode is only available on the Home edition and only as a factory load.  If you decide to switch out of S mode in Windows 11 you can't go back.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally, I think based on how Microsoft is treating S Mode in Windows 11, that it is now a failed experiment in which they were trying to convince people they can be secure like Apple by not allowing any applications to be installed unless they first verified them.

It is a failed experiment because it the very fact that you can get applications from tons of places that given Windows the advantage over Apple as far as be "more open".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.