Reports

bhughes1218
bhughes1218 Member ✭✭
In previous versions, for example, Quicken Deluxe 2013, if I clicked on "category list" I had a menu listing all categories. Then when selecting a specific category (for example, "auto"), and then right clicking, I could get a category report. This was a very convenient feature. I want this feature back. Is there a way to make this feature available in current versions? I used to use it frequently. Will you please restore this feature? OR is a category or subcategory report available somewhere else?

Comments

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bhughes1218,
    While this feature isn't available directly from Category List at this point, there are other ways to get this kind of report. If you are looking at a transaction, with the category auto for example just right-click on the category from inside of the transaction and you will see the option "Launch Mini Report for Category "Auto"  Tip; you can also do this for payees! Additionally, you can create category reports under Reports > Spending > Itemized Categories. Then use the customize feature to specify which categories, accounts, etc you would like to see included in the report. I hope this helps!
    - Quicken Jade 
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still works for me in my subscription version (which isn't the "latest and greatest" version).

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I suggest you add visibility of the Usage column to the Category List window: select Tools > Category List, the gear icon on the upper right, check Usage, and select Done.  To do simple reports for a single category from the category list, select a usage count that is not zero.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I suggest you add visibility of the Usage column to the Category List window: select Tools > Category List, the gear icon on the upper right, check Usage, and select Done.  To do simple reports for a single category from the category list, select a usage count that is not zero.

• bhughes1218
    bhughes1218 Member ✭✭
    Jade, when a report is generated from spending, reports, the result is ALL the categories, then you have to scroll to the one you want... it is just too time consuming, frustrating and not specific enough. And the other suggestions are also cumbersome and incomplete. Thanks for input.
  • bhughes1218
    bhughes1218 Member ✭✭
    Note on the image png below that this is not a choice in newest versions.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:

Interesting. I don't think I ever noticed that the report option was missing for the zero usage categories. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• @bhughes1218 - That feature is still available in the newest versions.  But it doesn't show in a category that has not activity.  I noticed that you are right clicking on the "Auto & Transport" category which has no transactions associated with it.  Therefore, the report option is suppressed.  As @sherlock mentioned, add the "Usage" column to the view and then you will always know what categories you can do a report on.
This discussion has been closed.