Bank of Oklahoma - online connection "Sorry. We encountered an error."

Options
bg56
bg56 Member ✭✭
I just inherited an account for our HOA @ BOK. The prior treasurer was using quicken to download bank transactions with no problems. I'm trying to do online setup on my copy of quicken and getting the subject error. I have another quicken file with multiple accounts all of which update fine. Anyone seeing this problem / have any suggestions?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @bg56

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error in your main data file. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Bank of Oklahoma account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bg56
    bg56 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jasmine - thanks for the quick reply. I created a new quicken file/account and still get the same error when connecting to the Bank of OK account. Any input appreciated.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what is the exact name of the bank that you are using in the Quicken Account List ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bg56
    bg56 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Ps56k2 - Bank of Oklahoma N.A. (www.bankofoklahoma.com - which is the URL I use for web-based banking)
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here is the Quicken info -
    10432    10432    10432    Bank of Oklahoma N.A.    http://www.bankofoklahoma.com/    NA
    https://onlinebanking.bankofoklahoma.com/    ACTIVE        
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT 

It offers 2 downloads - One Step Update with Express Web Connect
    and the manual download called Web Connect.
    You might try the manual download from the bank via their own online website.
    A QFX file is downloaded, and then you click on it to Import into Quicken.
    This would get around any of the "online" issues.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bg56
    bg56 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks - I looked earlier for the manual download but it was well disguised in the UI. Manual download is better than nothing for sure.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @bg56 - once you use Web Connect and download from your online account at the bank, it will populate the bank name and online connection information in the General and Online Services tabs.  On the Online Services tab, there will be a link to "upgrade" to Express Web Connect.  I would use Web Connect for a week before trying to "upgrade".  But once you are ready to try it, just click on it and it should reconnect you with Express Web Connect.
  • bg56
    bg56 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Damian - not sure we're on the same page. The only download that works for me is manual QFX download from the bank web site. Any effort to download via Quicken results in the "SORRY AN ERROR OCCURRED" error.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @bg56 - "Web Connect" is the manual QFX download method.  Do you get an error code of any kind when you try to connect with Express Web Connect?  CC-503, CC-506, CC-929, etc?  Please check your General and Online Services tab.  Is any financial information and online information filled in?
  • bg56
    bg56 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @damian - no CC errors - the is a generic error that reads "Sorry. An error occurred (it's not your fault). Quicken is having trouble connecting to Bank of Oklahoma N.A." - none of the usual CC-xxx errors (which I've experienced plenty over the decade+ of using QW. This is apparently a fairly common problem given all the entries that pop up on a search of that generic error but no solutions have presented themselves. All the banking info is filled in and, of course, I can login to the bank web site itself using the credentials provided to QW.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @bg56 - The only other thing I can recommend is contacting Quicken Support.  They can go through error logs and account information and do troubleshooting.
  • bg56
    bg56 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @damian - agreed. I just haven't gone that route yet because my few experiences have been painful and ultra-time consuming with almost no positive results. I'll have to decide if I want to just continue doing manual downloads or bite the bullet with QW support.
This discussion has been closed.