Which report will show the total number of shares?

Lenard M. Hughes
Lenard M. Hughes Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I can not find a report that shows the total number of shares, the investing transactions does not, banking transactions does not and print register does not. That is avery important to value your investments.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Try Reports > Investing > Portfolio Value or Reports > Investing > Portfolio Value and Cost Basis.

You can also see share counts in the Investing > Portfolio views.

You may need to have Quicken Deluxe or higher for the investing reports to work.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    The total number of shares may be viewed in the Portfolio Value and the Investment Asset Allocation reports, the Security Detail View window, the brokerage account's register, in the Account Overview window, and on a Portfolio view.  
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lenard M. Hughes said: I can not find a report that shows the total number of shares,
    that info is all over the place - what version do you have ..... Starter - Deluxe - Premier - ?
    as mentioned - you need to have Deluxe or Premier to support Investments...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Lenard M. Hughes
    Lenard M. Hughes Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken premier and have used that for over 20 years. I know the number of shares is readily available for each individual transaction but NOT the total number of shares owned in a stock or fund. I know the total number is in the register but that can only be printed as transactions without the total # of shares.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Did you try the reports I suggested? They provide the total number of shares you hold. You can print, export to Excel, or save as a PDF.

By default the Portfolio Value report is not subtotaled and shows all the shares you hold of each security. If you hold the same security in multiple accounts, you can subtotal by account to see the holdings in each account.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the subtle point is that you want to see a report of the Total Shares held across all accounts. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• @lenard m. hughes as @jim_harmon stated there are standard investment reports available that should give you what you want.  I think the "Portfolio Value" report would be the most useful.

This standard investment report can show your investments with shares across all accounts or subtotaled by account, or other criteria

This standard investment report is available under Reports->Investing

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lenard M. Hughes said: I can not find a report that shows the total number of shares...
    Just to anchor - you want to see a report that shows the Total number of shares across All accounts ?
    As mentioned, this number does show in most of the --> Reports --> Investing -->
    What are you not showing ? 
    Is it only not including certain accounts or certain securities or ??
    Are any of the Accounts "hidden" or "separate" so they will not appear in the totals ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.