Xfinity Bills

I see several xfinity/comcast discussions that are closed, but I am still having trouble getting my bills. I get the message "Bill added but next due amount not available." even when a new bill comes out. I also get a text alert with Xfinity code is xxxxxx, but Quicken does not appear to be looking for a code. Something is broken.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @SBM

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Xfinity E-biller. 

To start with, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let me know how it goes! 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make this process work you need to logon to your Xfinity account and, under Settings / Password & PINs, Turn off Two Step Verification.
    Online Bill processing can't see the 2FA prompt sent to your phone, so it can't process the bill data.
    If you do not wish to turn off 2FA, logon to the Xfinity website and authorize Automatic Payments to be deducted from a credit card or checking account for every future monthly bill. In that case also change your Xfinity payment reminder to a regular (non-Online) monthly reminder.
  • SBM
    SBM Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jasmine, I don't think it worked. I went through all of your steps and xfinity still sent me a code with no place to put it in Quicken. I immediately tried again to update xfinity and Quicken gave me a screen asking for user name, password, and text code. I thought ah ha and got the old not yet available. I tried again and got a text code and no place to put it and no statement download. I think UKR is right and Quicken and xfinity will not work with 2FA. Other accounts will work with 2FA.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @SBM

Thank you for providing more information and attempting the troubleshooting steps that I provided. 

Next, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Xfinity E-biller to see if it produces the same error with new bills not being downloaded. Before creating the test file, you will need to remove the biller from your main/active file first! It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Add the e-biller to the new file

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SBM
    SBM Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jasmine, I deleted Xfinity as a biller and saved and closed Quicken. I then restarted and created Junk file. I then added Xfinity as biller and signed in. Quicken then gave me the old "Bill added but the next due amount is not yet available". Then I got the Xfinity text code with no place to put it in Quicken. So same Quicken failure with a new Junk file.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    SBM said:
    Quicken Jasmine, I deleted Xfinity as a biller and saved and closed Quicken. I then restarted and created Junk file. I then added Xfinity as biller and signed in. Quicken then gave me the old "Bill added but the next due amount is not yet available". Then I got the Xfinity text code with no place to put it in Quicken. So same Quicken failure with a new Junk file.
    As I said in my earlier post ... to make this work, turn off Two Step Verification on the Xfinity website and keep it off.
  • SBM
    SBM Member ✭✭
    URK, I know and believe what you are saying. I am just trying to get Quicken to fix things.
This discussion has been closed.