40% off didn't work?

Ok this is a bit of a mess. I got an offer for 40% off and signed up for it. I already had an active subscription. Unfortunately I don't recall exactly when I bought it but it was after I paid full price for my subscription in July 2021. I called and asked how that would work since I had an active subscription and they said it would become active when my current subscription expired. Well I'm now getting messages to renew and there is nothing in my list of subscriptions that indicate I have this 40% off subscription. What should I do?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @lynneblack - please take a look at this support article.  It might solve your issue.  If not, your next step would be to contact Quicken Customer Support.

https://www.quicken.com/support/ive-renewed-my-subscription-im-still-getting-expired-subscription-prompts
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Community forum is made up mostly of other users like you and me and if this is an issue with a subscription not showing up in your Quicken.com account we won't be able to assist you on getting it resolved.  You will need to contact Quicken Support:  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options.
    A few comments:
    • You say you "signed up for it".  But did you pay for it?  "Signing up for it" only matters if that means you paid for it.
    • If you did pay for it, be sure to find the date of that purchase.  If you actually made that purchase you should have received an email confirming it.  Worst case, you should be able to identify the date by checking through the register or statement of the purchase payment method (credit card, debit card, etc.).
    • The date of purchase is important because Quicken's policy is that current subscriptions can only be extended via purchase of a new subscription in the final 6 months of the current subscription. 
    • It is my understanding (and I might be mistaken about this) that Quicken.com will not permit a subscription extension purchase to be made within the 1st 6 months of the current subscription.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• lynneblack
    lynneblack Member
    Yes I recall paying for it, I'm looking for the receipt right now. I printed out the image that was on my screen stating 40% off *existing subscribers will get pro-rated time added to their subscription, I don't see a confirmation email but I will keep looking for that as well
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    lynneblack said: Ok this is a bit of a mess. I got an offer for 40% off and signed up for it.
    Was it for NEW USERS ONLY - as this comes up often -
    if you already have a Quicken ID, there is no discount - for NEW USERS ONLY

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• lynneblack
    lynneblack Member
    I printed out the page with the offer, it says right on it: "*Existing subscribers will get pro-rated time added to their subscription"
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    @lynneblack - Thanks for confirming that you did actually pay for it. 
    I have seen that "Existing subscribers will get pro-rated time added to their subscription" comment, too, and have thought it is somewhat misleading because it does not mention that renewal can done only during the last 6-months of the current subscription.  
    BTW, that renewal policy is summarized in the FAQs page regarding subscription management under the section for "Expiration and renewing your Quicken membership.":  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-subscription-membership-faqs?_ics=1654646832896&irclickid=~fe79Z649572XY5X2459d6XY36Y459cb5-ebgh9~21VNMKFzvojf8.
    As mentioned yesterday, this issue can only be resolved by contacting Quicken Support.  The documentation you have can be helpful when discussing it with them.  Best of wishes to you on this matter.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• lynneblack
    lynneblack Member
    thanks! My subscription expires next month which is why I realized they had not extended my subscription, I will contact them but I still need to find my bank transaction for it- I can't find a receipt from Quicken in my email and I don't throw email away unless it's junk.
This discussion has been closed.