Bank of America - CC-800 error

davidmarketing
davidmarketing Member ✭✭✭
I have had my Bank of America accounts setup for about 4 years (Checking, Savings, and 2 credit cards).

Now I am getting the CC-800 error:

CC-800 | 4 accounts

It appears one or more account(s) at Bank of America - Quicken have been deleted. This could happen if you have restored from a backup file. You must add the account(s) to Quicken again. Select Fix it to resolve this error. For more information see the FAQ.

I see others have had this issue but not sure how to resolve it.

Current troubleshooting so far:
1. Deactivating all 4 accounts. Reactivating all 4 accounts
2. Deactivating all 4 accounts. Remove Financial institution information. Reactivating all 4 accounts
3. Deactivating all 4 accounts. Go to tools and use "Add Account" feature to link accounts.

Any ideas? I have restored from backups but that was a couple of months ago when they had the update error. Also, I have one hidden Bank of America charge card from like 20 years ago but that account is closed and hidden.

Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @davidmarketing,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-800 fail to resolve, then as stated at the bottom of the article; you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• davidmarketing
    Thanks @Quicken Anja ! I followed that post which is why I knew to use the "add account" function.

I called Quicken support and they wanted me to do the deactivate and reactivate and said it would work. Since it didn't, I think it's a problem with Quicken server communicating with Bank of America.

I could call them again but they aren't so helpful. This community is better.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @davidmarketing - what worked for me to fix the CC-800 errors was to do a "File Copy" - 

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Click on "Copy and Validate Instructions".  One important note about the "Copy File" - it will deactivate online services for all accounts, so you will need to reestablish them in the new data file.

• davidmarketing
    I was able to fix it by changing the financial institution from "Bank of America - Quicken", which I have been using for years to "Bank of America - All Other States". Just sharing in case anyone else experiences this issue.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @davidmarketing Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you found a solution that worked for you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• @davidmarketing - glad you found the solution and shared it.  They might be phasing out the older connection that you were using.
  • Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to fix it by changing the financial institution from "Bank of America - Quicken", which I have been using for years to "Bank of America - All Other States". Just sharing in case anyone else experiences this issue.
    That worked for me.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.