Multiple user id/accounts at Merrill Lynch

golfer711
golfer711 Member ✭✭
i'm having new issues related to Merrill Lynch - i have multiple accounts that use 2 unique user ids/password combos. i've never had any problems but this week started having issues with an OL-362-A message. when i deactivate and reactivate it for 1 user id it kicks the other Id out - then i fix the 2nd one and it kicks the first one out. It just keeps going back and forth.

any others having similar issues at merrill lynch or other financial institutions?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @golfer711,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Merrill Lynch accounts. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Merrill Lynch accounts to see if it produces the same error with the two separate account combinations. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• golfer711
    golfer711 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the response. Same error after setting up new quicken file and starting new. Set up both accounts - get an error message on 1 account when updating. Deactivate and reactivate that account, then get error message on the other account. Deac/reac and get error on the other account.... error is the OL-362-A - says I my financial institution has downloaded info for an account that does not exist in quicken.
  • @golfer - When you have multiple accounts and user IDs one thing to make sure of is that you don't have the same account(s) set up under both user ID.  Even if you don't, sometimes during set up you will get the OL-362-A error but once you restart Quicken, that error goes away.  But, if you are still having this error now, please double check which accounts are attached to which user ID.
This discussion has been closed.