change the OSU account name??

I have 3 PayPal accounts, each with separate logins. OSU used to use what I'd entered as the account name, which includes info identifying each account. But since the PayPal update to EWC+, OSU uses the name of the Financial Institution, which is always just "PayPal", and I can't edit to identify which account it is. Is there any way around this??

I welcome the update to PayPal's Quicken interface. Their downloads have been extremely buggy for years - lots of missing transactions. But did Quicken have to introduce a new problem with the update? (((sigh)))

Best Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    @permutations - usually if you have multiple sign-ons with the same FI, the OSU name would be the FI plus the user name in paratheses.  It is odd that PayPal doesn't do this.
  • [Deleted User]
    @thecreator, is this a PayPal restriction only?  I have several different logins to the same FI in one data file and they work just fine.  The OSU FI Name is differentiated by the Login Name in parenthesis. 

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Permutations,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the account name that appears within the OSU window.

I do apologize for any inconvenience that this causes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Permutations
    Permutations Member ✭✭
    Is there a way to send a bug report/feature request to Quicken developers about this? They used to use the Account Name in OSU, so if you edited the account name it edited the name in OSU. Someone had the bad idea to instead use the Financial Institution name in OSU - not an improvement. It shouldn't be too hard to go back to using the Account Name.

Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    @permutations - usually if you have multiple sign-ons with the same FI, the OSU name would be the FI plus the user name in paratheses.  It is odd that PayPal doesn't do this.
  • Permutations
    Permutations Member ✭✭
    @Damian - I've only updated one of the 3 PayPal accounts so far, so this may happen! Thanks.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 PayPal accounts, each with separate logins. OSU used to use what I'd entered as the account name, which includes info identifying each account. But since the PayPal update to EWC+, OSU uses the name of the Financial Institution, which is always just "PayPal", and I can't edit to identify which account it is. Is there any way around this??

I welcome the update to PayPal's Quicken interface. Their downloads have been extremely buggy for years - lots of missing transactions. But did Quicken have to introduce a new problem with the update? (((sigh)))

You can only have One PayPal Login per Quicken Data File. With that said, you can have more than one Quicken Data File, each one given a unique filename. Examples:
    1. Permutations
    2. Permutations-wife
    3. Permantation-Business
    Thanks to Windows changing the length of the 8.3 filename rules.

You can also change the name make three copies of your existing Quicken Data File. Then edit the resulting filename. So many ways to accomplish what you want to.

You can also three different PayPal.com Registers, within a single QDF. Just open the first register. using the Actions gear. Click in Account Overview. Scroll down and click on Edit Account Details. On the General Tab, edit the Account Name. When finished, click on OK. The Account Name is also the name of the Quicken Register.

Instead of updating all 3 at one time, just open Settings for One Step Update. Remove the check mark for each ZZ.PayPal.com OLD.
    To Update PayPal Registers, just click the Actions Gear then click Update Now. You need to this for each register.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• [Deleted User]
    @thecreator, is this a PayPal restriction only?  I have several different logins to the same FI in one data file and they work just fine.  The OSU FI Name is differentiated by the Login Name in parenthesis. 
  • Permutations
    Permutations Member ✭✭
    @thecreator I've had 3 PayPal accounts in a single Quicken database for many years. Each PayPal account has a separate login - maybe that's the difference.

I don't want multiple Quicken databases.
This discussion has been closed.