Reset Button

Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
Whenever I accept downloaded transactions, a green reset button appears at the top of my register. I assume this is a bug. It started with release R41.10. See attached.
Quicken HB&RP
Windows 10 PRO current

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    R41.9 introduced the feature that the "Reset" button is only shown when there is a filter set on the register.  I checked with my R41.10 installation and it works as advertised.
    You don't have any of the filters set for that register, so it shouldn't be displayed.
    Out of curiosity, what type of account is it?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    It also turns green after a reconcile which is also a minor bug
  • Greg Brown
    splasher said:
    R41.9 introduced the feature that the "Reset" button is only shown when there is a filter set on the register.  I checked with my R41.10 installation and it works as advertised.
    You don't have any of the filters set for that register, so it shouldn't be displayed.
    Out of curiosity, what type of account is it?
    Any and All accounts have this issue.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There are various threads on this, here is one:
    "Reset" button bug in release version - R41.9 — Quicken

The funky part of this is that before the Reset button was disabled/greyed out when nothing was filtered.
    And one could argue that is the right behavior instead of hiding it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Greg Brown
    miklk said:
    It also turns green after a reconcile which is also a minor bug
    You are correct, it is during/after reconcile. I am set to "auto-reconcile" after accepting downloads so I thought it was after accepting the downloads, but it is in fact after reconcile.

• RCNik51
    RCNik51 Member
    Can undo the reset button after clicking on it?
  • Roger Everson
    Roger Everson Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Someone at quicken, please fix this annoying bug.
  • geekandglitter1
    geekandglitter1 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. It's happening as soon as I do a reconcile. That is, the green "reset" button appears. This is an annoying bug. Moreover, if I hit the "reset" button, then it orders by date, and shows the oldest entries on the first page. It seems to happen consistenly across all my accounts.
  • BillCO
    BillCO Member ✭✭
    So is any data corrupted when you download or reconcile and the Reset button appears? Is anything corrupted if you don't press the reset button when it appears? This happens almost daily with some of my accounts; and it is very annoying.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    People are making way too much of this bug.

All the Reset button does is change the filters back to their defaults.
    Yes, it is a bug that the Reset button is showing up even when the filters are already at their defaults, but what real harm does that do?
    Signature:
  • rachelgomez
    rachelgomez Member ✭✭
    To reset or repair the connectivity of an online account Click the Reset Account button. Quicken will automatically deactivate and reactivate the account to fix any errors.

Greeting,
    Rachel Gomez
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    To reset or repair the connectivity of an online account Click the Reset Account button. Quicken will automatically deactivate and reactivate the account to fix any errors.

Greeting,
    Rachel Gomez
    The Reset button discussed in this thread has nothing to do with Resetting the online connection.

Look that the screenshot in the original post.
    This Reset button is only used to clear the register filters.
    And this is the only button that has been changed in recent Quicken patches.  The reset for the online connection hasn't been touched.  That one does what it always did.  And it doesn't always work, but that is a completely different subject.

The default register filters are "All Dates", "Any Type", and "All Transactions".
    When you change any of these the Reset button is supposed to appear, and it does this correctly.
    For instance, shown with the defaults when I first get into the register:

Next, I change "All Dates" to "This Month":

See that the Reset button is now visible:
    If I press Reset, then the filters go back to their defaults and the Reset goes away.

The only problem, is that if you do certain things like reconcile, the Reset button turns on when it shouldn't:

The reset button shouldn't be visible because the filters are all at their defaults.

The reset for the online connection is in the Account Details -> Online Services tab, and is called Reset Account.

Signature:
  • Robert Honeyman
    Robert Honeyman Member ✭✭✭
    I hate the reset button. How do I get rid of it? I've been using the same filters on all my accounts for decades. I don't need a flag to tell me I'm doing it wrong.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the reset button. How do I get rid of it? I've been using the same filters on all my accounts for decades. I don't need a flag to tell me I'm doing it wrong.
    I don't think anyone is telling you that you are doing something wrong.  If you like to see you register with a specific set of filters set, so be it, it is the way you want to work.
    Quicken is just trying to make it more obvious to the user that has set a filter and either not realized it or forgotten it was set and then they are not seeing transactions, the highly visible Reset button might jog their memory and prevent contacting support or writing here in the forum.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The reset button has always been there.  What has changed is before its two states were disabled and enabled.  Now it is invisible and visible (and bug is that it is visible sometimes when it shouldn't be).

Here is how it used to look in the older versions with the default/disabled state:

Here it is when the filters are not at their defaults, and it is enabled:

With the current version with default filters:

With filters changed:

If one doesn't want to see the reset button you can just hide the filters:
    Click here:

With the filters "collapsed":

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.