Slow Program Load on Win PC With 4.0 RAM

Options
For the past 6 months, Quicken Premier Version R51-10 takes exactly 1 min and 40 seconds to load the program. The load must remain open all day long.
Thinking "slow-load" could be apps-in-the-background, I temporally shut them off and that didn't solve the problem nor has Tech Support!
Does anyone experience the same and/or have a clue why it's slowed since last update? I've been using this since its original start and have never seen this before.
Thanks
Jack
[Removed - Privacy]

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Jack14638,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to run Windows 8.1 on a laptop with 4 GB RAM ... or should I say "crawl".
    The system performance without Quicken was barely tolerable. After loading Quicken, everything turned to "parking lot on the freeway at rush hour" ... progress at a snail's pace while the poor hard drive was running at 100% busy most of the time, just handling paging requests from Windows. The Task Manager was indicating a Memory usage of up to 96%.
    When I found a broken laptop of the same make and model, I cannibalized it and removed a 4 GB RAM chip from it, installing it in my active laptop.
    Result: Like night and day! Performance with 8 GB is now as good as can be. No more parking lot. The freeway runs at or above the speed limit. The systems runs fast, with little to no need for paging I/O. Quicken starts and runs fast and reliable.
    One thing I noticed over the last several Quicken version updates is that Quicken has gained weight noticeably. The Quicken task itself needs more memory to run, now using between 100 and 200 MB. And there are now 3 Rundll32 tasks using about 130 MB each that seem to come and go with Quicken.
    Recommend you upgrade your laptop to at least 8 GB RAM, more if possible, especially if you're running Windows 10 or 11.
This discussion has been closed.