Opening balances being dropped when account logins need verfication

dsptatanka
dsptatanka Member ✭✭
I have several intuitions that require a code to access for 90 days. Every one of these accounts losses the opening balance, plus past transactions and then I cannot reconcile the accounts. How the heck do you keep this from happening?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several intuitions (sic) that require a code to access for 90 days. Every one of these accounts losses the opening balance, plus past transactions and then I cannot reconcile the accounts. How the heck do you keep this from happening?

Please provide more details.

What edition level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.), version and release of Quicken (R xx.xx)  are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    How frequently do you download transactions?

Running "Update Now" from the account register's Action gear icon should make it possible for you to enter an authorization code when prompted, without the need for deactivate/reactivate or reset processing.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @dsptatanka,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institutions are you experiencing this issue with? What is the connection method with these financial institutions? Are you receiving any error messages or codes when performing a One Step Update or individual account updates? Are you referring to a your banks requiring a 2FA and repeatedly sending this? When do you lose the transactions and the balance? 

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• dsptatanka
    dsptatanka Member ✭✭
    What edition level?
    Premier

What release of Quicken?
    version R41.10 Build 27.1.41.10

What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    Chase, Schools first federal credit union, citibank Creditcard, school first credited cards

What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Checking, Savings, and credit cards

How frequently do you download transactions?
    3 times a month

What is the connection method with these financial institutions?
    Whatever is used on initial setup with quicken. I used the quicken add account button.

Are you receiving any error messages or codes when performing a One Step Update?
    no errors just the normal account updated window

Are you referring to a your banks requiring a 2FA and repeatedly sending this?
    yeah a pop up requires the 2FA I enter the code and move on. no other errors

When do you lose the transactions and the balance?
    Right after an update and i close the complete window. It cascades down the accounts.
  • dsptatanka
    dsptatanka Member ✭✭
    so tried a suggestion regarding re adding opening balances. Well, each time I use the one step update it erases the entry and is now randomly erasing entries. Any other suggestions?
  • dsptatanka
    dsptatanka Member ✭✭
    went to a backup copy and then i validated and repaired the restored version. There were 3 transactions labeled damage so I recreated them. As soon as I hit save all the opening balances on all accounts disappeared. When I tried to re create them the would not save as a credit but always changed to a debit.
This discussion has been closed.