Chase OL-301-A Error

Jason Gittman
Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
For the past 2 days I have been getting OL-301-A error when trying to download Chase transactions. I tried the Chase rebranding refresh that was suggested in an old post for the same problem to no avail. Anyone else having this issue?

A month ago was plagued with an OL-393-A errors which took 2 weeks for Quicken to resolve. Seems like error messages when downloading transactions will keep popping up on a regular basis, at least with Chase.

Comments

• Jason Gittman
    Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
    The error seems to be related to sending a bill pay to Arizona Public Service. I restored a backup copy and the error disappeared, but when I tried sending a payment again to the same payee, the OL-301-A error returned. So I again restored a backup copy and paid the bill on the Chase website rather than through Quicken and the transaction recorded in Quicken appropriately. Not sure if the problem will be with just this one payee. I suppose I will find out the next time I make a bill payment through Quicken to a different payee.
  • jc828
    jc828 Member ✭✭
    The same thing happened to me today. I tried to use my direct connect connection with Chase to pay 2 credit card bills to 2 different banks. I used the date that Quicken had suggested (which is based on how long it takes for the financial institution to make the payment). I received an error that neither one went through - OL-301-A - "Your financial institution has rejected your request. Additional information from your financial institution: Invalid Send On Date[OL-301-A] Payee: [name of payee] Due Date: 6/20/2022 Amount: [amount]." 6/20/22 was the date that Quicken had suggested. I then changed the date to 6/23 in Quicken and sent the instructions again to Chase. This time, it worked. For some reason, Chase apparently needed a couple extra days. Odd.
  • Stevan
    Stevan Member ✭✭
    I tried jc828's solution and it worked. Added one extra day.
  • Jason Gittman
    Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
    Tried sending a different bill pay through Chase and still getting the OL-301-A error message. Tried changing the delivery date as recommended above, but still getting the same error message.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Tried sending a different bill pay through Chase and still getting the OL-301-A error message. Tried changing the delivery date as recommended above, but still getting the same error message.
    Hello @Jason Gittman,  

I am sorry to hear that you are continuing to be affected by these connectivity issues. Thank you for keeping us informed about the situation, and the results of your most recent troubleshooting efforts.

Have you recently updated from a discontinued version of Quicken? If so, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then go through the steps provided below, if you have the opportunity:
    1. In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.
    You can view the Support Article linked here for further context about these steps. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • David Z
    David Z Member
    Moving the date to pay by forward by one day also worked for me. For example, some of my vendors normally have a 7 day window but changing the date to allow for 8 days worked for both of the 7 day window vendors I entered payments on.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that this happened around a new bank holiday (Juneteenth) where there's one missing bank work day in the week?
  • Jason Gittman
    Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jared, but the fix you provided did not work. The OL-301-A message says "System Exception - Database Error." Not sure if the message was referring to my own data, so I did a Validate operation. Then, in order to make sure that I did not have file corruption, I installed a backup .qdf file from a date when I know I was able send bill payments without any issues. That did not work either.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jared, but the fix you provided did not work. The OL-301-A message says "System Exception - Database Error." Not sure if the message was referring to my own data, so I did a Validate operation. Then, in order to make sure that I did not have file corruption, I installed a backup .qdf file from a date when I know I was able send bill payments without any issues. That did not work either.
    Hello @Jason Gittman,    

I am sorry that this issue is continuing, even after all of these troubleshooting efforts. Thanks for continuing to work with us on this problem so patiently. 

What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box. 

If the connection method is listed as Direct Connect, I recommend reaching out to Chase support in regards to this issue. Please note that it may be necessary to request to speak with an 'escalations team' or 'Tier 2' representative, as these individuals are more likely to have knowledge of third-party applications, such as Quicken. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jason Gittman
    Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
    Jared, I did call Chase about the situation and, of course, they said it was a Quicken problem so contact Quicken support. And, yes, the connection method is Direct Connection. Nothing changed with my computer or Quicken when the problem sending bill pay transactions started, so I feel that the problem is within either Quicken or Chase servers. So, for now I'll just used Chase's website to pay bills rather than doing it through Quicken, hoping that the issue will resolve on its own at some point.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jared, I did call Chase about the situation and, of course, they said it was a Quicken problem so contact Quicken support. And, yes, the connection method is Direct Connection. Nothing changed with my computer or Quicken when the problem sending bill pay transactions started, so I feel that the problem is within either Quicken or Chase servers. So, for now I'll just used Chase's website to pay bills rather than doing it through Quicken, hoping that the issue will resolve on its own at some point.
    Hi @""Jason Gittman" ,

Are you attempting to upload Payments to Chase Online Bill Pay at the same time, you are downloading transactions?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Jason Gittman
    Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
    Are you attempting to upload Payments to Chase Online Bill Pay at the same time, you are downloading transactions?

No, I download separately and there is no issue downloading transactions.
  • thecreator
    You are trying to upload bills to be paid to Chase Online Bill Pay and that is where you get the error message? In Online Services it shows Deactivate for Online Bill Pay.

• Jason Gittman
    Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
    > @thecreator said:
    > You are trying to upload bills to be paid to Chase Online Bill Pay and that is where you get the error message? In Online Services it shows Deactivate for Online Bill Pay.

Yes, that is correct? In order to attempt to fix the error, I did deactivate online bill pay for Chase and then reactivated it. However, this did not fix the OL-301-A error.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Given this announcement is seem that something might happening at Chase for online bill pay.
    Note, I have Chase Online Bill and don't have any errors, but I also don't use it.
    Windows R41.XX Release (US) — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jason Gittman
    Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
    So the R41.16 update release note mentions it addresses Chase's bill pay connectivity changes. I have version R41.10 so perhaps that's why I cannot upload bill payments through Quicken. When I called Chase tech, the rep did not mention anything about that. Would have saved me a lot of time if I knew. My version has not updated yet, but when it does update to 41.16 I hope the bill pay will work again.
  • garacine
    garacine Member ✭✭
    I'm getting the same error and issue. It started this week after upgrading to version R41.19, Build 27.1.41.19. I tried resetting the online access, changing the due date and separately uploading just the bills separate from downloading transactions. Nothing seems to work. Quicken needs to fix this problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    garacine said:
    I'm getting the same error and issue. It started this week after upgrading to version R41.19, Build 27.1.41.19. I tried resetting the online access, changing the due date and separately uploading just the bills separate from downloading transactions. Nothing seems to work. Quicken needs to fix this problem.
    I suspect the "fix" will be that at the end of September Chase is dropping Direct Connect, and as such you will not be able to use bill pay through Quicken/Chase anymore.

In other words, Chase/Quicken Inc are preparing for the changeover and maybe messed something up in the old system but will most likely not take any time out to try to fix it, since it is all going anyways.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • thecreator
    Hi All,

The fix is to find a Bank, like PNK Bank and maybe Wells Fargo that has Direct Connect Connection and Online Bill Pay. Switch Banks.

Chase is dropping Online Bill Pay.. It does not matter your Quicken Version that is installed.

This discussion has been closed.