Is there a problem with Quicken account update today (6-18)? Quicken keeps freezing up in update

Options
Orion13
Orion13 Member ✭✭
Is there a problem with Quicken account update today (6-18)? Quicken keeps freezing up in update. Quicken window freezes and I receive a notice that the program is not responding. I have to close the program to eventually restart the program. Has happened several times today.

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Working for me.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Orion13,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with Quicken continuously freezing. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps, please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Orion13
    Orion13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, MontanaKarl. Jasmine - I'll give that a try.
  • Orion13
    Orion13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Jasmine - I did both a regular and a super validate. But the updates are still freezing. It does seem to be happening for Express Web Connect account and not Direct Connect set up accounts. I've tried to go in to account details and to deactivate the accounts with EWC - but it locks up when I try that too. Thoughts?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How long are you waiting before you pull the plug?
    Windows "not responding" typically comes up very quickly. Too fast in many instances, while the app is still crunching numbers.
    An OSU on my computer with 3 banks using Express Web Connect usually takes 1 - 2 minutes of high CPU activity with occasional disk I/O.
    Having had several crashes / Task Manager kills, I recommend you restore your Quicken data file from yesterday's backup (you do have one, don't you?) and then try again, being patient during OSU
  • Orion13
    Orion13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    UKR Some of the waits I have done have been upwards of 10 minutes. I'll restore and let it run uninterrupted for longer while not responding. Thanks for the info - I'll advise what happens.
  • Orion13
    Orion13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    UKR - I let an account update run overnight on a request for one of the accounts that had been freezing up. It updated. So did several other accounts, which I really don't understand. In the morning, Quicken was not still up on the computer. When I opened the program, 3 or 4 accounts all showed as having new transactions downloaded. All seemed fine then. Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.