What banks work well with Quicken payments, downloads?

My financial accounts with Chase will apparently fall apart in July, at least according to the Quicken warning message.  Changing banks is a pain but I am happy to move to a bank that works well and fully supports Quicken functionality.  Who should I consider moving to?    

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @larry4 - Wells Fargo offers Direct Connect for all accounts to all customers for free.  They also have 24/7 support for all online services, including Quicken.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My primary "bank" is Fidelity Investments, and they're my broker also.  My local bank is US Bank. BOTH get downloaded using Direct Connect which is free at Fidelity and costs me $3.95/mo @ USB.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• deaconjon
    deaconjon Member ✭✭
    Are there any other banks that still offer direct connect? My Citizens bank has stopped using direct connect and switched to Express web connect. Now I cannot use the bank's bill pay function, and Quicken bill pay sucks!!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    deaconjon said:
    Are there any other banks that still offer direct connect? My Citizens bank has stopped using direct connect and switched to Express web connect. Now I cannot use the bank's bill pay function, and Quicken bill pay sucks!!
    I have attached a list of the 1664 financial institutions identified as supporting banking accounts using the Direct Connect connection method and a list of the 517 of these financial institutions identified as supporting bank bill pay.
  • Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    deaconjon said:
    I have attached a list of the 1664 financial institutions listed as supporting banking accounts using the Direct Connect connection method at this time:
    Appreciate the giant list but it has Chase, which frequently fails and the companies have played an endless finger-pointing game for years.  And Chase stops working altogether in July. They are only slightly worse than Citi, which loses the setting authorizing the app on a random basis and doesn't tell you that it has stopped working.    

Looking for a bank that you have personal experience with, that works well most if not all of the time for download of transactions, billers, and payments.  I'm happy with Fidelity and Schwabb/TDAmeritrade on the brokerage side.  I appreciate the Wells Fargo and US Bank recommendations.
  • @Larry4 - I have 2 data files with a total of 3 WF checking/savings accounts, 2 WF credit cards, and 10 WF Advisors Retirement/Investment accounts.  I haven't had any major issues.  Their online bill pay is works great.  I don't use it anymore, but pay all of my mom's bills via WF Bill Pay.

I am no way trying to sell you on WF, but from what I have experienced and from the comments I read on here, Wells Fargo works great with Quicken and seems not as problematic as other major banks mentioned in this community forum.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Larry4 said:
    Sherlock said:
    deaconjon said:
    I have attached a list of the 1664 financial institutions listed as supporting banking accounts using the Direct Connect connection method at this time:
    Appreciate the giant list but it has Chase, which frequently fails and the companies have played an endless finger-pointing game for years.  And Chase stops working altogether in July. They are only slightly worse than Citi, which loses the setting authorizing the app on a random basis and doesn't tell you that it has stopped working.    

Looking for a bank that you have personal experience with, that works well most if not all of the time for download of transactions, billers, and payments.  I'm happy with Fidelity and Schwabb/TDAmeritrade on the brokerage side.  I appreciate the Wells Fargo and US Bank recommendations.
    In our experience, Chase was working well until relatively recently.  We closed our Chase accounts when we learned their intent and told them why we were no longer going to be their customer or recommend them in the future.  Perhaps you should do the same.

Another bank you may want to consider that offers free Direct Connect and free bank bill pay is PNC Bank.
This discussion has been closed.