Etrade Bank

Robert Ralyea
Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭✭
I see many posts about eTrade Bank not downloading. I am experiencing the same issue with new accounts I setup this week. I see eTrade trying to download and then immediately says this is not your fault. I also see no resolutions for the other posts.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I see many posts about eTrade Bank not downloading. I am experiencing the same issue with new accounts I setup this week. I see eTrade trying to download and then immediately says this is not your fault. I also see no resolutions for the other posts.
    Hello @Robert Ralyea, 

I am sorry to hear about this issue with account downloads. Thank you for seeking assistance with respect to this issue here on the Quicken Community. 

Could you tell us more about what is happening at the moment, in your own situation? Were you downloading via QFX files on your financial institution's website, or via One Step Update? Also, are the error messages you are seeing including the code 'CC-501' or 'CC-898?'

If so, I recommend saving a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... then following the steps provided in this Support Article, linked here.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Robert Ralyea
    edited June 2022
    I am trying to add eTrade Banks accounts to quicken. I can add the eTrade brokerage account but not Bank accounts. I do not get any errors just a message that says not your problem contact support. Thought I would try the community first..
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Robert Ralyea,

Thank you for your response and for providing more information.

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the eTrade bank account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Robert Ralyea
    No Change
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Robert Ralyea,

Thank you for attempting the test file. 

Could you please send your information logs over to Quicken so we may further investigate and escalate this situation if need be? You can send your logs by navigating to Help > Report a Problem. 

Please let me know once you have completed this. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Robert Ralyea
    I just sent all the reports to Quicken.

Bob
  • Quicken Jared
    I just sent all the reports to Quicken.

Bob
    Hello @Robert Ralyea,   

Thank you so much for sending us those logs. I am sorry that this issue has yet to be resolved.

Have you recently made use of any new firewall settings, pop-up blockers, antivirus software, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)? If so, it may be necessary to remove any of the above or turn them off in order to troubleshoot this issue further, as these items can occasionally cause connectivity issues that result in the behavior you have been describing. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • Robert Ralyea
    I turned off Norton am not running VPN. I can’t get a screen shot but I see the download screen with the green line downloading and the it says disconnected and then displays the image I attached to my previous post. 
  • Robert Ralyea
    Thank you Jasmine and Jared. This morning I was able to add Etrade banking accounts.

Quicken magic solved the problem. Close this issue.

Bob

• Quicken Jared
    Thank you Jasmine and Jared. This morning I was able to add Etrade banking accounts.

Quicken magic solved the problem. Close this issue.

Bob

@Robert Ralyea,       

Thank you so much for checking back in with us to let us know about how things turned out. I am glad to hear that everything seems to be working as expected.

Feel free to reach out again anytime.

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.