Quicken for Mac crashes on transaction download, every single time

Options
mk313
mk313 Unconfirmed
Starting this morning, Quicken crashes every single time I try to download my transactions (I use Chase for all of my account, so not sure if it's something specific to them or not). Quicken crashes, then a I get a popup that says something along the lines of 'Please let us know what you were doing when this happened, so we can fix it in a future version of Quicken. 

I chatted in to support this morning & got a complete run-around. The CSR Kaitlyn or Caitlyn walked me through re-downloading Quicken which didn't help at all, then told me to restart my Mac & if it didn't fix it to 'call apple because there is something blocking the connections, and it's an Apple problem' Complete waste of my time for that type of 'Customer Service'. 

Hoping someone here has an idea on how to fix this. On my own, I tired resetting the connection between Chase & quicken. I was able to reconnect them (I got the login page, then it asked me for the code they sent to my email. I was able to put that in & it went through.) Then when it tried to download the transactions, it crashed again, just like it did previously. 

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @mk313,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though. I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with Quicken crashing when attempting to update your Chase accounts. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the Chase accounts to see if you experience the same issues. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.