Playing with different budgets

capnron
capnron Member ✭✭
I have been making different budgets for future situations. I was doing OK until I went back to my original budgets and found all of this month's transactions missing from several of my original budget categories.
Also, the "future" use budgets disappeared from my planning list.
My plan was to develop budgets for reduced income then see where my actual transactions exceeded predicted future categories.
I have spent 5 years learning to manipulate the budgeting tools.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @capnron

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with the Budget functionality. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• capnron
    capnron Member ✭✭
    Followed outlined steps and even super validation did not restore current month transactions. Next?
  • capnron
    capnron Member ✭✭
    Here are the affected categories. The May file has all the right stuff, the June file is missing historical and current data.
    June.jpg 173.7K
    May.jpg 196.1K
  • capnron
    capnron Member ✭✭
    I think I have found the answer to my "perceived" problem.
    Jasmine, thanks for jumping in. I am sure that it did not hurt anything by validating the files.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @capnron

Thank you for coming back to update us, I am glad to hear you found a resolution to the issue you were experiencing.

Would you mind sharing your resolution so other users that experience this issue may be able to resolve it?

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @capnron

Thank you for sharing!

Please reach out with any further concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.