How do I match manually added investment transactions to downloaded transactions?

mc3
mc3 Member ✭✭
Hello. For my checking, savings, and credit accounts I can easily select the pencil icon on the left side of a transaction to match a manually added transaction to a downloaded transaction if I need to fix or add a missing entry. However, when this situation arises with an investment account, clicking on the pencil icon does nothing. Hovering over the pencil icon just keeps the message, "Entered manually on XXXXX. Not yet match to a downloaded transaction." Is this action not available for investment accounts? Or is the option to match to downloaded transactions triggered differently for investment accounts?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I may be a little dense this morning, but where are you seeing a pencil icon in an investment account register?
    I running R41.16 on Win11 and R41.10 on Win10 and I don't see a pencil anywhere in my investment accounts?
    Is this in a connected checking account to an investment account?
    How about a screenshot?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @splasher the pencil icon is displayed in the Status column which is only displayed when one has this option selected (or forced at the account level):

Because of various bugs in this mode for investment accounts, I suggest turning it off.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW Ah, it was due to a feature that I don't use, so it doesn't show up.  Thanks for the clarification.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mc3
    mc3 Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW Okay good to know. Thanks for sharing. I agree that in my experience some accounts work well on the automatic additions and others always give me a problem so I am not saving any time.
This discussion has been closed.