What to do about "waiting" message

david.taber
david.taber Member ✭✭
Two bill pay transactions that I am trying to send through my bank are "frozen" in this state: instead of a number appearing in the "check number" column, there is only the word "Waiting". When one has followed the proper steps to send the transaction, and others are being sent and assigned numbers normally, one should one do when this occurs? Thank you.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @david.taber, 

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Bill Pay transactions. 

First, Could you please confirm whether these are Direct Connect Bill Pay payments or Check Pay payments?

Looking forward to hearing your response so we may work towards a resolution!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• david.taber
    david.taber Member ✭✭
    Direct connect bill pay.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @david.taber, 

Thank you for responding and for providing more information. 

First, I suggest checking with your financial institution to see if they have received instructions for those payments yet. If not, then you should try canceling and resending the payments. If you do not have the option to cancel them then you may change them to manual first (see instructions below), and then delete them and resend them.

1. Hold Option on your keyboard and click Delete at the bottom of the register. 
    2. You should receive a dropdown menu at the top of the register--choose the option Change to Manual. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.