trying to upgrade

TMcGee
TMcGee Member
when attempting to upgrade from starter to Home & Business, all links are blocked (red circle/slash) in manage subscriptions. This happens both via the software (help->manage subs->Upgrade) and via the website (manage subscriptions). Why won't quicken let me upgrade???!??!?

Renewed Starter in December 2021, so no 30 day issue.

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @TMcGee ,

Go to: https://www.quicken.com/ and sign in into My Account. Click on Subscriptions and follow the instructions online.. If you have problems, then contact Support, within this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet 

After you are upgraded, sign out and sign back in to verified your new level.

Then simply open Quicken. Under Help, click on Check Membership Status to upgrade the Desktop Application.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• TMcGee
    TMcGee Member
    Totally unhelpful. My post specifically states that signing in and going to subscriptions doesn't work (either via software or online account). Simply telling me to do it again is not at all helpful and frankly very annoying. The link to support is equally unhelpful, since the lack of help in quicken support is what brought me here. And nothing in that link addresses my issue. Further, the assumption that your instructions lead to "after you are upgraded" is simplistic and flat out wrong.
  • @TMcGee how did you purchase the Home & Business version? Retail store, Online through Quicken?  Or you haven't yet and are trying to buy it (upgrade)?
  • TMcGee
    TMcGee Member
    Tried to buy/upgrade both through my online quicken account and also tried through the quicken software menu. Both had red circle/slash indicators when mouse hovered over all links
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @TMcGee,

Thank you for your response. We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @tmcgee I see what's going on now.  You need to purchase the product first, either by going to a retail store, or online through Quicken.  To purchase it from Quicken directly, go to Quicken.com and either click on "Buy Quicken" or "Plans & Pricing".  If you buy it from a retail store, you will get an Activation Code, that you would then need to enter into Quicken, under "Manage Your Subscription".  The upgrade option in Quicken adds H&B tools, but doesn't actually upgrade you to H&B.
  • TMcGee
    TMcGee Member
    directly thru quicken gives me this...see screen shot below
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @tmcgee - since you already have purchased it directly from Quicken.com, I would do as @Quicken Jasmine suggests and contact Quicken Support directly.  They are the experts that can help get upgrade to work for you. 
  • Rlupo
    Rlupo Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem quicken support is not helpful, they gave me some story that you can only upgrade within 4 months of your renewal date. That can't be true.
  • @rlupo - it's actually 6 months.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Renew, not upgrade.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • @rlupo - @greg_the_greek has a good point.  I missed the fact that you used the word "upgrade".  To be perfectly clear - you can only RENEW your subscription within 6 months of your renewal date.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Rlupo,

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• grayjt1982
    grayjt1982 Member
    Hello. I am having the same issue trying to upgrade. I've been through both chat and phone support and got the "6 month" answer ---- but it looks as if I'm stuck in the same "upgrade" vs. "renew" loop as others. Is there a way to upgrade without waiting?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I flagged your post for a Mod. Hopefully, you'll get a response shortly.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @grayjt1982,

I have also sent you a direct message. Please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.