Navy Federal Credit Union Error - error message "Multifactor authentication failed".

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: NFCU won't update (Again!).

Comments

• James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been having update problems with NFCU for a couple of weeks. The error message says: "Multifactor authentication failed. This connection failed and will not update. Navy Federal Credit Union - Quicken Cloud is not responding. Please try again later."

I have disconnected and reconnected several times but always get the same error.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @James Blunt,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Until somebody at Quicken or Intuit (the download service provider) can get a handle on things, I would suggest you turn off Multifactor authentication at the bank's website.
  • James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried this suggestion but it didn't work. Now the error message simply says "Quicken cloud is not responding. Please try again later." No mention is made of MFA.

In response to UKR's suggestion, NFCU MFA cannot be turned off.
This discussion has been closed.