Is there a Quicken plan for MAC that I can generate information for Schedule C for small business? T

Options
rcarlson1
rcarlson1 Unconfirmed, Member
edited August 2022 in Reports (Mac)
Is there a Quicken plan for MAC that I can generate information for Schedule C for small business? T

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @rcarlson1, unfortunately, we do not have a business version of Quicken on Mac, only windows. However, you may get a similar report by doing a cash flow report. I apologize for this inconvenience, and I hope this answers your question. 
    Thanks!
    -Quicken Jade 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Adding to Jade's comment above, it would help to know what, specifically, you want to track and report in Quicken. While there is not a "Home and Business" version for Quicken Mac, you absolutely can track business expenses, and generate Schedule C data, in Quicken Mac. 

You can certainly use separate accounts and/or use separate categories and/or use separate tags to track business income and expenses separate from personal income and expenses. If your business record-keeping is extensive, I'd suggest doing your business accounting in one Quicken file and your personal accounting in a separate file. (I used to do this when my wife was in business for herself; it was far easier than mixing with our personal finances.) If you have a small business with low transaction count or just a few categories, though, you certainly can track it in your personal file. 

If you open Window > Categories, scroll down to Business Expenses and you will see that there are about 18 default categories already in place, all checked as "Tax-related" and tied to Schedule C. You can use those and/or create your own categories, and you can assign any you create to Schedule C and the proper tax line in Schedule C.

There is no separate Schedule C report in Quicken Max, but the Tax Schedule report will show a section listing everything for Schedule C. And you can create custom reports to show business expenses, or income and expenses. And/or a custom version of the Tax Schedule report limited to showing only the Schedule C items. 

So I would say that for many people who have Schedule C income and expenses, Quicken Mac is suited to handle those needs. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.