OL-297A error - Unable to communicate with Quicken server

Options
MY Ranch
MY Ranch Member
When trying to download data files from two different institutions, I keep getting this "unable to connect to Quicken sever" error. I have searched and read all the similar discussions concerning this problem and it seems to be occurring to many different financial institutions. I have tried all the recommended "fixes" to no avail including validating the data file, updating Quicken, updating the browser and restarting the computer. NOTHING WORKS!!!
I had no problems until Quicken was update several weeks ago, (now months). Since this is happening to so many users logic has it this is a Quicken problem and they should fix it.
Please give some good advice at fixing this.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @MY Ranch,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error and I do understand how frustrating it can be when you are not able to reach a resolution. 

What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Help > About Quicken. Which financial institutions are you experiencing this error with? What is the connection method with said financial institutions? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List > Edit > Online Services. How long have you been experiencing this error? Do your other accounts/financial institutions update with no error?

I am looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @my ranch - have you seen this support article?  I think it gives some good troubleshooting ideas.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297
  • RJ_Q
    RJ_Q Member ✭✭
    Options
    I experienced the same problems. In my case I think I narrowed it down to running Q under Windows 7. Apparently Win7 isn't supported even though the site says it is. Mine began to fail mid July, possibly after an update was released.
  • RJ_Q
    RJ_Q Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, I meant it began to fail mid June, not July.
This discussion has been closed.