How to change brokerage?

Options
Brad4est
Brad4est Member
edited August 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I had a Vanguard brokerage (401K) account that was changed to being managed by Fidelity. Now, when I try to update the account it always wants to go to Vanguard. (Still using Vanguard Mutual Funds) but I need to sign onto Fidelity to access my accounts. I can't find any way to force that change. Any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Brad4est

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest deactivating downloads with the Vanguard account that is currently in your Quicken by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Disconnect Account. Then you would navigate to the Add Account (+) button in the top left corner of your screen and add the account using the Fidelity instance, once you have completed logging into your account, you would then make sure the link to the Fidelity account to your existing Vanguard account before completing the setup. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with these steps (just in case). 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.