How can I add a NewRez mortgage to my account?

Options
I cannot look up NewRez or Shellpoint Mortgage in the Loans->Mortgage section of my account. Can anyone please advise whether this is possible?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you maintain the mortgage as an offline loan account: select Tools > Add Account...

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    NewRez and Shellpoint Mortgage are not included in the FIDIR (Financial Institution Directory) list which means they do not support Quicken for loan data downloads.
    But you can set them up as manual off-line loans which I and many other Super Users feel is actually a better method for tracking mortgages because manual loans have registers and the loan payment transactions in the checking account can be tied to the loans.  Whereas online linked loans do not have registers (so you cannot see loan transactions) and the loan payment transactions in the checking account cannot be tied to the loan.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you maintain the mortgage as an offline loan account: select Tools > Add Account...

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    NewRez and Shellpoint Mortgage are not included in the FIDIR (Financial Institution Directory) list which means they do not support Quicken for loan data downloads.
    But you can set them up as manual off-line loans which I and many other Super Users feel is actually a better method for tracking mortgages because manual loans have registers and the loan payment transactions in the checking account can be tied to the loans.  Whereas online linked loans do not have registers (so you cannot see loan transactions) and the loan payment transactions in the checking account cannot be tied to the loan.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.