New rearrange accounts feature - can't see Save button - screen sizing issue

Bill NN
Bill NN Member ✭✭
I like the new way to rearrange the accounts but I can't save them. There is an 'X' that closes the box but it doesn't save. There is no Save button.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Bill NN,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

The Save button in Rearrange Accounts should be located in the bottom right of the list as shown in the example below.

Alternatively, you can also rearrange accounts and save them by navigating to Tools > Account List > Click the account name you wish to move > Use the Up and Down Arrows on the left to move the selected account > Click Done to save the changes (see screenshot below).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bill NN
    Bill NN Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja - thanks for the response. I can't get to the Save button at the bottom. I've done the Tools > Account List > Click the account name you wish to move in the past, but you have to do them one place in the order at a time and it's very slow. Was excited to see this new feature, but can't get the Save button to show on my screen.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is currently a display bug with this rearrange panel. If your main Quicken window is too tall, the buttons at the bottom get hidden. My workaround was to make the main window about half its usual height and then the buttons appeared.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Bill NN
    Bill NN Member ✭✭
    Thanks Rocket. I made that change and the rearrange panel opens in the same spot on my screen. If I shorten the Quicken window, the panel is actually outside in the Quicken window.
  • zenrebel
    zenrebel Member ✭✭
    Thank you Rocket!!! Your suggestion was exactly what I needed. This should be addressed by the developers. It's annoying to make all the arrangements and then you can't save it.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill NN said:  ...  There is no Save button.
    [EDIT] - updated topic title to better reflect the actual problem and Q&A -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Rearrange Accounts  - new feature

Until they fix it for users with Account Bar on the right side and "X" or "Save" off the screen ...

• When stuck in this mode, press Alt-F4 (the "F4" key) to exit from the Rearrange Accounts view
    • Temporarily move the Account Bar to the left (View Menu / Account Bar / On Left) and/or
    • make the Account Bar wide enough so the Rearrange Accounts overlay fits into the Account Bar's space and/or
    • make the Quicken window narrower so it doesn't fill the entire screen width
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this bug, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This bug has been confirmed internally and I have gone ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

Best regards,

-Quicken Jared 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    I found easy ways to get around the Rearrange Accounts issues. 
    • If your Account Bar is on the right side (or left side) hide the Account Bar before you click on "Rearrange Accounts".  The sort overlay will always go to the center of the screen.
    • If you cannot see the "Save" button, just hit the Maximize icon in the upper right of the Title Bar (or double click on the Title Bar) before you click on "Rearrange Accounts". 
    These simple workarounds work for me on my computer.  I did testing with different resolution settings, so I am hoping these workarounds are universal.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just installed Update R42.8.  Where as it had some updates addressing the Re-Arrange issue....I still cannot use the reArrange navigation Bar feature....when I click on it...Quicken totally Freezes...and I can only close Quicken using Task manager.  
  • @denmarfi - your issue with the "Rearrange Accounts" sounds like a different issue.  It sounds more like a data file issue.  Have you tried any of these troubleshooting steps?

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Along with the "Validate and Repair" described in the report article, you can also do a Super Validate by holding down the Ctrl and Shift keys while clicking on "Validate and Repair File".
  • Cindi Anderson
    Cindi Anderson Member ✭✭✭
    I tried all of these suggestions and none of them worked for me.  And like the person above, when I moved the account bar to the right side Quicken froze.
This discussion has been closed.