Synchrony Amazon Prime Store Card Download Payee/Description

LowcarbNY
LowcarbNY Member ✭✭✭
Download from Synchrony to Quicken for the Amazon Prime Store Card used to give me at least a partial description of the item.
for Example:
AMAZON RETAIL SEATTLE WA Hefty Slider Storage Bags, Gal

The payee field would contain the payee AMAZON RETAIL SEATTLE WA and as many characters as remained filled with the item description.

This was very helpful for deciding how I wanted to categorize the transaction.

Now all I'm getting is AMAZON RETAIL SEATTLE WA for every transaction and no descriptive information..

Any ideas on how to get the descriptive information to be included in the download?

Express Web Connect is being used.

After a number of attempts via chat @ Synchrony that kept timing out while the agebt researched the problem I was finally given a contact number for tech support.

"please contact our internal team 844 406 7321
10am to 7pm eastern "

When I made it through initial screening and was connected to Level 1 support the agent responded that this was her 2nd call of the day with that issue.
She opened a problem ticket.

We'll see if anything improves in a few days.

This problem is not limited to just Quicken Web Express.
I downloaded a .qfx from the Synchrony site and inspected it. No description past the store name.
I also downloaded an Excel/qif format, same thing. For some reason they are truncating the description after the WA.
Quicken for Windows since 1995
Frequently loosing budgets since 2017
Occasionally loosing budgest since 2012

Comments

• LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Member ✭✭✭
    Attachments compare what is shown on the Synchrony web site and what is downloaded to a .csv in this case. [I've also inspected a .qfx download and it is missing the item description also]

Synchrony does have the information; they jut are not sending it to us.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    LowcarbNY said:
    Attachments compare what is shown on the Synchrony web site and what is downloaded to a .csv in this case. [I've also inspected a .qfx download and it is missing the item description also]

Synchrony does have the information; they jut are not sending it to us.
    Hello @LowcarbNY,    

I am sorry about this problem with missing transaction information. Thank you for reaching out to us about this here on the Quicken Community, and for including those helpful screenshots.

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted.

You may then add or link your Synchrony Amazon account(s) exclusively in this test file by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol. I want to know if this behavior continues in the new data file.

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • scott62556
    scott62556 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. It started around May 7th of this year.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @scott62556,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue. 

Have you taken a moment to create a test file as outlined by steps in @Quicken Jared's previous response?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• scott62556
    scott62556 Member ✭✭
    I called the number above and they referred me back to Quicken support.
  • scott62556
    scott62556 Member ✭✭
    I created a test file and the Payee just says Amazon.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @scott62556,

Thank you for attempting the test file and coming back to let us know the results. 

Due to the same issue occurring with the Payee information in the test file and in your active file, I suggest reaching out to Amazon for further assistance. This would mean that there is an issue with the way that they are sending the information through our servers. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I do apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• baffled
    baffled Member
    I too have been having the same problem.
  • scott62556
    scott62556 Member ✭✭
    OI spoke to Synchrony bank and they told me to contact Quicken. I have done everything I can on my own. Will Quicken reach out to Synchrony?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @scott62556,

I do apologize for the back and forth. 

Unfortunately, Quicken cannot resolve the error when it is coming from the Financial Institution's servers. I suggest asking for the situation to be escalated with Synchrony/Amazon. 

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

• scott62556
    scott62556 Member ✭✭
    I did ask it to be escalated and spoke to a supervisor but did not get any satisfaction. They acknowledged the issue but had no interest in resolving it. The person I spoke too said this is the first time they heard of this issue. I had to use my statement to classify each transaction.
  • scott62556
    scott62556 Member ✭✭
    I also noted there are other threads on this issue that also have not been resolved.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted.
    >
    > You may then add or link your Synchrony Amazon account(s) exclusively in this test file by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol. I want to know if this behavior continues in the new data file.

Dear @Quicken_Jared and @Quicken_Jasmine
    Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I had spoken with Synchrony an they had told me they were aware of the issue and give it a week or 2 to resolve. The issue did not resolve.
    I did your test file experiment and Q downloaded 2 months of transactions from the Amazon Prime credit card. None of the transactions had any identifying information they way they used to. They all just say "Amazon" and a purchase amount.

Anyone in the community know if the Citibank Amazon card provides this information the way that the Synchrony Amazon Prime card used to?
This discussion has been closed.