R41.10 Notes for budgets

LindaNMA
LindaNMA Unconfirmed, Member
:/ The release notes for R41.10 Windows claims to support Adding Notes for Budgets. I can't find the function anywhere. This 'Ask a Question" function won't let me ask the question in the Budget and Planning forum, nor the Product Releases forum (selection is disabled in drop down) . Any search on "Notes for Budgets" imply that it is a legacy feature request, but nothing about it being delivered.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    Hello @LindaNMA,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To add budget notes, you will need to click on the Gear icon next to a specific category in the Budget. Then click Add a note to "month" budget (see example below).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to @Quicken Anja suggestion, you can right-mouse click to bring up the Add a note option.

• jpavegas
    jpavegas Member ✭✭
    This is a GREAT feature that I have wanted for years! One bug in the first release: The little red flag on the note disappears frequently. The note still exists but the flag is often done. I'll look forward to an update. Thanks.
  • jpavegas
    jpavegas Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the update that fixed the flag disappearance issue I reported earlier.

Now a remaining issue concerns the red flag carrying over to the next budget year but without any access to it. For example if I created a Note in Mortgage Expense in July 2022, then the red flag appears in July 2023 but I cannot edit it. Either the note 1.) should not carry forward ... or 2.) if it does, then allow it to be edited in the new year's budget without changing it in the original year.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    jpavegas said:
    Thanks for the update that fixed the flag disappearance issue I reported earlier.

Now a remaining issue concerns the red flag carrying over to the next budget year but without any access to it. For example if I created a Note in Mortgage Expense in July 2022, then the red flag appears in July 2023 but I cannot edit it. Either the note 1.) should not carry forward ... or 2.) if it does, then allow it to be edited in the new year's budget without changing it in the original year.
    Still Broken....  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923813/budget-notes-feature-breaks-when-moving-to-a-new-budget-year-2023/p1?new=1

This discussion has been closed.