Direct Connect with Online Bill Pay - make Payees match exactly

Options
I am using Quicken for Windows and Online Bill Pay via TD Bank. All my payments to my online payees go through except for one, JCP&L. There isn't any error message but after I perform the one step update the bank account register still shows "send" under check # and I still have the envelope next to the bank account listed in my Accounts Window. When I look online at my TD Bank account there is no payment or scheduled payment made for that payee in the TD Bank Bill Pay window. Does anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't use TD Bank online bill pay so this is strictly a hip shot guess: I wonder if somewhere along the line that ampersand is being interpreted as some sort of HTML command?  Maybe try changing that to JCPandL?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't use TD Bank online bill pay so this is strictly a hip shot guess: I wonder if somewhere along the line that ampersand is being interpreted as some sort of HTML command?  Maybe try changing that to JCPandL?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, you might want to check if and how the biller is set up in your TD Bank online account bill pay settings....make sure it exactly matches what is shown for JCP&L in Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Dbraun4
    Dbraun4 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tom, thanks for your suggestion. I listed the payee as JCPL in both Quicken and TD Bill Pay and it worked.
This discussion has been closed.