Calendar - Add option to hide accounts from calendar account list

Adam Partlo
Adam Partlo Member ✭✭
Hidden accounts are showing in calendar account list currently. Need way to hide them. Suggest adding another display option under Account Details -> Display Options -> Account Display. Suggested name: 'Hide account name in calendar account list.' This would do as the name implies, hide accounts that are checked from being in the calendar account drop down list.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Adam Partlo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you first double-check the hidden settings for your hidden accounts. To do so, you will need to navigate to Tools > Account List. At the bottom of the screen, click the checkbox for Show hidden accounts, then click Edit next to each hidden account and navigate to the Display Options tab. Under Account Display, do you see all 3 boxes checked, including the first box that reads "Keep this account separate- account will be excluded from Quicken reports and features" as shown below?

Check back and let us know what you find! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I always do with hidden accounts, whether marked closed or not, is to rename them.
    I add a "~"(tilde) character to the front of the account register name, e.g., "~XYZ Checking (old)".
    That sorts these account names to the bottom of the list, making it less likely to be used accidentally from a selection list.
    Actually, yes, in the Calendar's Select Calendar Accounts selection list, an easy way to deselect hidden accounts would be useful. As it stands now, one has to manually select or deselect unwanted accounts, one by one.
  • Adam Partlo
    Adam Partlo Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja Yes, I have all 3 boxes checked to hide the accounts. It does not hide it from the calendar account list.

@UKR I also add a "~"(tilde) to the front of all hidden accounts. However, I still have scroll a long way down the list to get to credit cards that I like to see one at a time. Honestly, I only use calendar view to view 3 of my accounts one at a time on a regular basis. Therefore being able to hide accounts (either active or closed) would be very useful.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I believe you can add the Calendar as a snapshot on a custom Home view and apply separate settings to each Calendar snapshot you add. You could do one Calendar per Home tab view and name each view for the credit card you are tracking in that view. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Adam Partlo
    Adam Partlo Member ✭✭
    @mshiggins That is a feature I was unaware of. That gives me almost what I want. The only draw back here is I can't make it full screen and because of that I can only show two out of the following 3 items without it just saying show list on all of the days (even when there is only 1 transaction on a given date): Show recorded transactions, show daily balances, and Show snapshot below calendar. However, that's something I can learn to live with and is still more efficient than selecting and deselecting accounts each time I'm in the main calendar.

Thanks again for pointing out that feature.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to look backwards in time, to see what credit card had what transaction when?
    Or are you trying to look into the future, to see what scheduled reminders will be coming due in the next [xx] days?
    If you're trying to look into the future, consider the Bills & Income tab's Projected Balances view. With a little customization, it will show you selected "Multiple Accounts" for a date range into the future, with a balances graph and a list of future scheduled reminders.
    This view is also available as a customized Classic Home tab view.
This discussion has been closed.