How to export stock portfolio from QMac to excel?

atul.nyc
atul.nyc Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Hi

How do I export my stock portfolio from quicken for mac to excel? Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Investing tab > Portfolio View, then {ctrl}-p, select "Export to" tab-delimited, click on "Export"
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Tom Young This is a Quicken Mac question, and I think your answer is for Quicken Windows.

@atul.nyc Click on Investing in the left sidebar (or Brokerage or Retirement, if you want to limit the results to either your taxable or tax-deferred/tax-free accounts). Click the Portfolio tab, and set the filters to show Portfolio Value and By Account or By Security. Then click the ••• icon on the far right of the menu bar above the graph, and select Export > Export to CSV.

(In the last update, they buried Print and Export under the ••• icon. I argued during beta testing that this would confuse people who wouldn't think to click on that nondescript icon, and that it would be better to have explicit Print and Export on the menu bar — but I obviously didn't prevail!) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct.  I'm getting better at filtering out the Mac questions but slip up from time to time.

• atul.nyc
    atul.nyc Member ✭✭
    @jacobs Thanks jacobs. Is there any way to create a report that breaks out the account(s) in which each security is held? So instead of showing 10 SPY, showing me 3 in one brokerage account and 7 in the other, all in one report?

@Tom Young thanks for responding to my query!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @atul.nyc If you click on Investing (or Brokerage or Retirement) in the left sidebar, then set the filters to Portfolio Value and By Account. When you print or export, you'll see a list of each account, with all the securities in the account. I don't think there's a way to do the opposite: list each security, subtotaled by a list of the holdings of each security by account.

You could probably create something along these lines in a spreadsheet, though, depending how many separate accounts you have. Export the "By Account" data. In a spreadsheet, duplicate the first column. Then copy down the account name for all the securities in the account, and repeat for each account. Now you can sort the spreadsheet data by security, and see the accounts holding each security. To illustrate…

Original export:

Duplicate the first column, and Copy Down the account name for all the rows for that account:

Sort by the security column to show each security with a breakdown by accounts:

Sort of a kludge, but it gets you there is this is where you want to go. ;) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.