Duplicate, Conflicting Dialog Boxes

wayne116
wayne116 Member ✭✭
When I went to Help | Check For Updates, BOTH of the dialog boxes in the screen capture appeared SIMULTANEOUSLY. Also, if you read BOTH of them, you'll see that the information they give is conflicting with the information in the other dialog box.

Also, when I tried to go to Help | Report a problem... I could upload a description, but as soon as I attached the small jpg that's attached to this message, the "report a problem" would error out upon trying to send it.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @wayne116,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

For clarification; did you install version R42.21 through an in-product prompt or by manually downloading and installing the R42.21 Mondo Patch through this support article?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• wayne116
    wayne116 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I installed it after getting a prompt. The method of install was the one I mentioned. I went to Help | Check for Updates and installed from there. However, if you read the dialog boxes, you'll see that this occurred BEFORE installing the update. It was the information that said there is (or is not, depending on which dialog you read) an update that was the issue. Actually installing the update went fine. The ONLY complaint about the update is the dialog boxes. Then, of course, the error when trying to send the information to you.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for your response and for providing additional details.

Since you did install the latest version in-product through Help > Check for updates, I suggest that you please manually download and install version R42.21 through the Mondo Patch found in the support article instead. 

Although the Mondo Patch is the same version release as the current version you have currently installed, when manually downloading and installing the Mondo Patch through the support article, it will help give us a better idea of whether or not everything was installed properly during the first initial in-product install. 

If the issue resolves itself by installing through the Mondo Patch, it would indicate and confirm that something went wrong during the initial in-product install. If it does not resolve it, then that confirms that further investigation and troubleshooting are needed.

If you wish to take precautions prior to installing the Mondo Patch, I recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case).

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• wayne116
    wayne116 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    It won't matter, at least not until the next update becomes available, because the product will be up to date so there will be no update for it to show.
This discussion has been closed.