Quicken needs Capital One Accounts Re-Authorized.

shyavitz
shyavitz Member ✭✭
Per calls to Capital One and Quicken, I was informed that this is a Quicken problem!

Authorization seems to work in Capital One but Quicken does not recognize that this has been done!

Best Answer

• shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    RESOLVED - Yesterday I suspected that going thru a VPN might have been the problem, Turning the VPN off made no difference. This morning I had another thought that it might be the Kaspersky Safe Money application. I turned it off and tried again. I was able to link/authorize my Capital One accounts.

Answers

• Hello @shyavitz

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Are you currently receiving any error codes or messages when trying to reauthorize your Capital One accounts? 

We do currently have an Ongoing Active Alert regarding online banking errors with Capital One. You may follow this link to access the alert where you are able to bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I do apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    Do not receive any error codes! After I select all the accounts to authorize, I have five, I select AUTHORIZE. Within a few seconds the screen goes blank and sits that way forever. Each time I do this I get an email that says my accounts are authorized. That are not!
  • Hello @shyavitz,

Thank you for providing more information. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the Capital One account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with the blank screen upon authorization. Please make sure that the Capital One accounts are deactivated in your original file before creating the test file. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    This would be a lot of work for just a test. I've already wasted over four hours on this issue today. Since I was told that there is a known issue that is being worked on I'm just going to wait a little longer until I try something like this!
  • shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    Tried to create a new file per your instructions. Same result!
  • shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    RESOLVED - Yesterday I suspected that going thru a VPN might have been the problem, Turning the VPN off made no difference. This morning I had another thought that it might be the Kaspersky Safe Money application. I turned it off and tried again. I was able to link/authorize my Capital One accounts.
  • Hello @shyavitz,

Thank you for coming back to update us and share your resolution!

I am happy to hear that you were able to link and authorize your Capital One accounts!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.