R42.21 - Preferences - “investing.quicken.com” - Is it missing ?

danncer
danncer Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I am trying to set up investment alerts and the desktop version said to go to Quicken.com. So I did and found the Quicken investing site - (took a while)
https://investing.quicken.com/portfolio/
BUT... none of my information is in the site. How do I get the investing site to show all my information from the Desktop version. What are the steps to take to get my investments showing up on the website so that I can set up the investment alerts (when they hit a max or min amount). I have searched the desktop version and did not see a process for this. Thank you.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to Edit > Preferences > Investing.quicken.com portfolio Select the accounts you want to view and Send my Shares

Then in the One Step Update settings, select Update Portfolio on investing.quicken.com. 

QWin Premier subscription
  • danncer
    danncer Member ✭✭
    Thanks - I have quicken deluxe, so I am wondering if that is why I don't have that option. I have a screen shot of my options.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why you are not seeing the item as per my Deluxe screen grab -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Also - I personally would turn OFF [un-check] the Enable Simple Investing -
    which only shows the total shares vs each transaction in the Register

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @danncer
    What release of Quicken are you running (see Help / About Quicken)?  My (older) R37.67 shows the more updated preferences options.  Yours appears to be 'older' than that.  I don't know when the change was made, but I believe it was quite a while ago.  
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @q_lurker - I was thinking that too... but in their screen grab, they have the new "Simple Investing" option

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• @danncer - are you using the Quicken Canada version?  I know that the Investing.Quicken.com Portfolio is accessible to Canadian users, but Canadian users are not able to connect with Investing.Quicken.com to transmit investing data from Quicken.
  • danncer
    danncer Member ✭✭
    Thank you all for looking at this. I am on Version R42.21 and in US. I'll carve out some time to call Quicken on Monday and figure out what is going on. I am on Windows 10 Home. Thanks again.
  • @danncer - Once you find a solution to this issue, please circle back and share.  There are other posts with this same issue, but none of them provide a solution.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    [edit] - I updated the topic title to see if other R42.21 users might be missing the Preferences entry - 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It might be the same thing that happen to this person in this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20085188/#Comment_20085188
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • danncer
    danncer Member ✭✭
    The other thread rings true. I post any updates as I get them from Quicken.
  • danncer
    danncer Member ✭✭
    So - after 2 hours with one technician and 30 minutes with someone on the phone, here is what I learned. Quicken Deluxe does not actually have that feature - it is confusing on the application so I gave them that feedback. They said that Premier has that feature and people who used to have Premier a long time ago and downgraded to Deluxe at some point were able to keep some of those features. People like myself who did not have Premier and started with Deluxe (or MS Money if you want to be exact), have to upgrade. I could also add all of my investments to quicken.investing.com manually - but for $24/year, I'll take the upgrade. Thank you so much everyone.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Well… my screen grab above is from my DELUXE R41.10 version, and I have never had Premiere…
     so … until we get other users posting confirmations, not sure what happened to that entry in Preferences …
     or which Quicken release may have removed it - 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2022
    @Ps56k2 - that is interesting.  I noticed that you are on R41.10.  I wonder if the option was removed from Deluxe in a recent update?
  • danncer
    danncer Member ✭✭
    I wonder what happens when you do the latest update to 42.21... maybe it will be gone.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It might be how old someone's data file is.  As in the feature was removed from Deluxe years ago, but was in it at one time.
    Signature:
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the Investing.quicken.com option either since I switched to the Deluxe edition when the subscription model started.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW for what it is worth I have always found that feature to be pretty much worthless.
    Signature:
  • danncer
    danncer Member ✭✭
    UPdate for everyone - still does not work. After 4 hours on the phone, multiple times, uinstall and reinstall, they can't figure it out either and it looks like at least one other person has it not working either.
This discussion has been closed.