DISH Network cannot get re-added to Scheduled Transactions, Online Bill

SeaStar
SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
dish Network disappeared from my Bill and Income Reminders Schedule this week after it showed and worked fine for years. It’s been set as an Online Bill.
I tried to add dish back via Bill and Income Reminders > Add > Bill > Online Bill. When queued, Quicken screen showed correct next bill date and that dish got added to Quicken. But dish fails to appear in Bill and Income Reminders. I closed and re-opened Quicken and dish still didn’t show. Second and third tries still didn’t show dish on Quicken. I found a similar thread about this problem from 4Q/2020 named “Unable to add Dish Network as an Online Biller.” Has anyone else had problem like this and can offer a solution?
20+ years as Quicken User on version 42.8, Build 27.1.42.8
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @SeaStar

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your DISH Network biller. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the DISH Network biller to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for troubleshooting ideas. Resulting actions raised some success, a gap, and a question. I also investigated the initial issue some more and share those observations. A problem with integrity of Quicken download of appropriate statements still shows.

1. File > New Q File > Name New File worked.
    2. Sign In with Q ID or Create New did not show.
    3. Don't use Mobile queued correctly.
    4. What are next steps? By the way, I tried to add Dish Network as biller. Field didn't populate from Q dropdown selection.

5. Regarding my active file which prompted initial report, I investigated further:
    a. Tools > Manage Bills and Income Reminder for Dish Network correctly shows next date due, 8/27/22. However, its linked bill is the previously paid 7/27/22 payment. I remove its "Link to Biller." I added "Link" back and, instead of holding for pending bill, the previously paid 7/27/22 statement attached.
    b. Next, I click on "Bills & Income" bar that displays on horizontal bar above register. Its dropdown correctly indicates next Dish Network is due 8/27 and "awaiting next bill." It is linked to Dish Network.

Any insights to address the discrepancy would be appreciated.
  • Hello @SeaStar,

Thank you for providing more information!

To start with, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Please let me know how it goes! 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    Hello, Jasmine,
    Prompting another "Review and Repair Online Billers" was worth a try. However, the problems remain.
    Q continues with "Manage Bills and Income Reminder" for Dish Network correctly showing next date due, 8/27. But it incorrectly links to previously paid 7/27 bill. Likewise, “Bills & Income" section for Dish Network correctly shows both due 8/27 and "awaiting next bill."
    Still troubleshooting, I removed Dish Network’s "Bills & Income" link to its partnered scheduled Dish Network transaction and then deleted Dish Network from scheduled "Manage Bills and Income Reminder." I closed and re-opened Qn. Next, I re-added Dish Network to the “Manage Bills and Income Reminder” section; screen says SUCCESS, account added. I was hopeful that things were fixed. However, it never populated in scheduled bills. And it doesn’t appear when I queue to Link to Reminder from the Dish Networks “Bills and Income” bill. Situation stayed after close/open cycle, too.
    I rely on Q’s accuracy to keep bills paid on time and look forward to a solution. Thanks.
    By the way, how do you provide the screen prints? That helps a lot compared to attached files.:)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you also tried the "Review and Repair Payments" option?
    Sometimes, after adding an Online Biller and linking a reminder to it, it takes a couple of days for everything to properly connect and show current bill information.
    If all else fails,
    • unlink the reminder from Dish and review it / set it up as a regular monthly reminder.
    • Logon to the Dish website and authorize Autopay, Direct Debit, etc., whatever they call it to automatically debit your credit card or checking account on due date every month.
    • When you get notified of a new statement being available, usually by email, record the reminder with correct amount and due date.
    Let Dish do the work for you and you won't have to worry about missing payments.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you. But a.s mentioned earlier, the gool ol' "Review and Repair Payments" didn't work again today. And the other problems mentioned on 8/5 remain, too. Hopeful that error is a software glitch with quick solution via update
This discussion has been closed.