I need to remove Quicken and reinstall but don't have my product key

bjflan315
bjflan315 Member
Since my Quicken data is incorrect, I want to remove Quicken and reinstall to see if that solves the issue.

Best Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I don't think you need it - the product key is for setting up your subscription. You can log in to your Quicken.com account & download a new copy of Quicken.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Note that the data file and Quicken (the program) are two different things.  Uninstalling Quicken doesn't delete your data file.  And in the same vein you don't have to uninstall/reinstall Quicken to start a new data file.  You just need to File -> New Quicken File...
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    bjflan315 said: Since my Quicken data is incorrect, I want to remove Quicken and reinstall to see if that solves the issue.
    what is wrong ?
    Have you tried the ..... File --> Repair & Validate --> [x] Validate

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I don't think you need it - the product key is for setting up your subscription. You can log in to your Quicken.com account & download a new copy of Quicken.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• bjflan315
    bjflan315 Member
    Thanks. Just to avoid duplicating the issue, instead of using backup copy, I will manually enter each account then download from financial institute. Will take a while but hopefully will correct it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Note that the data file and Quicken (the program) are two different things.  Uninstalling Quicken doesn't delete your data file.  And in the same vein you don't have to uninstall/reinstall Quicken to start a new data file.  You just need to File -> New Quicken File...
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    bjflan315 said: Since my Quicken data is incorrect, I want to remove Quicken and reinstall to see if that solves the issue.
    what is wrong ?
    Have you tried the ..... File --> Repair & Validate --> [x] Validate

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bjflan315
    bjflan315 Member
    Thank for several solutions. Combined, I think it has solved my problem. Still confirming account balances but definitely improved.
  • terri22
    terri22 Member
    My disk drive failed and I installed a new one, I have backups of data but don't have immediate access to my 2016 Quicken disk. How do I reinstall the program on the hard drive.
This discussion has been closed.