I need to remove Quicken and reinstall but don't have my product key

Options
bjflan315
bjflan315 Member
Since my Quicken data is incorrect, I want to remove Quicken and reinstall to see if that solves the issue.

Best Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't think you need it - the product key is for setting up your subscription. You can log in to your Quicken.com account & download a new copy of Quicken.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Note that the data file and Quicken (the program) are two different things.  Uninstalling Quicken doesn't delete your data file.  And in the same vein you don't have to uninstall/reinstall Quicken to start a new data file.  You just need to File -> New Quicken File...
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    bjflan315 said: Since my Quicken data is incorrect, I want to remove Quicken and reinstall to see if that solves the issue.
    what is wrong ?
    Have you tried the ..... File --> Repair & Validate --> [x] Validate

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't think you need it - the product key is for setting up your subscription. You can log in to your Quicken.com account & download a new copy of Quicken.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• bjflan315
    bjflan315 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Just to avoid duplicating the issue, instead of using backup copy, I will manually enter each account then download from financial institute. Will take a while but hopefully will correct it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Note that the data file and Quicken (the program) are two different things.  Uninstalling Quicken doesn't delete your data file.  And in the same vein you don't have to uninstall/reinstall Quicken to start a new data file.  You just need to File -> New Quicken File...
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    bjflan315 said: Since my Quicken data is incorrect, I want to remove Quicken and reinstall to see if that solves the issue.
    what is wrong ?
    Have you tried the ..... File --> Repair & Validate --> [x] Validate

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bjflan315
    bjflan315 Member
    Options
    Thank for several solutions. Combined, I think it has solved my problem. Still confirming account balances but definitely improved.
  • terri22
    terri22 Member
    Options
    My disk drive failed and I installed a new one, I have backups of data but don't have immediate access to my 2016 Quicken disk. How do I reinstall the program on the hard drive.
This discussion has been closed.