Problems with adding TTEK transactions

Charles Farnell
Charles Farnell Member ✭✭
I bought some TTEK shares via Fidelity. Quicken added them with a ticker of TEST. Via the register I manually changed the ticker to TTEK, Quicken identified the security but wouldnt let me save the change saying 'Please pick a security that matches the currency of your account'.
Any thoughts on why this happened and how to correct it?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTEK appears to be a US stock, traded on the NASDAQ.  What currency is set for your account?  Q only allows a single currency to be held in one account, so no mixing USD and CAD securities in the same account.
    And, why did Fido use the symbol TEST if it's supposed to be TTEK?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logging into my Fido account, I couldn't find a security with the symbol TEST.  So, where did that symbol come from?

• Maybe thats it, but I have none US securities in the same account as they are traded on Nasdaq/NYSE and quoted in USD. No idea why it used TEST as a symbol. Bug#78575 in Quicken.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you mean by "Via the register I manually changed the ticker..." and I'm not sure how "Quicken" came up with that ticker.  When you downloaded the Buy and assuming you'd never had TTEK in your portfolio previously, Quicken should have gone through its unidentified security process whereby it asks you to tell it if the new security matches one of the securities in your portfolio or is a new security.
    In a test file I established TTEK using Tools > Security list then "purchased" 10 shares in a brokerage Account and that worked fine.
    Do you use the multi-currency function in your Quicken file?
    I'd suggest establishing a new Tetra Tech security with a slightly different name and with the correct ticker and substituting that security for your initial Buy.

• Thanks Tom. Yeah Quicken saw it as new and as TTEK but added it with TEST. If you click on the brokerage name in portfolio view you get a list of all transactions (the transaction register) where you can edit them. My file is multi currency but interestingly its USD and GBP not CAD. I think I am just going to remove all the transactions and add them back manually.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, your file is multi-currency ... but no ACCOUNT within that file can be, in Q, multi-currency.
    If you hold both USD and GBP securities, they MUST be in different accounts in Q.

This discussion has been closed.