Fixing an eBill connection (Q Mac)

In Bills&Income I have a red exclamation mark for one line item indicating a connection problem.  When I tried to fix it I received a message "eBiller Status: Outage".  See attached screen shot.
This message indicated  that I could track the status within the Pending section.  I have not idea where to find this pending section.  I tried everything to get there.  Can someone point me in the right direction please?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jobworker

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question, though I do apologize for the confusion. 

I suggest navigating to the Bills & Income tab then above your payees, you should see tabs listed as Bills > Income > Payees > Projected Balances > Activity. You will then click on the Bills tab and located at the bottom you should see the notification regarding the pending ebiller. See screenshot below.

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Quicken Jasmine. Thanks for pursuing the issue and finding the problem.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jobworker

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question, though I do apologize for the confusion. 

I suggest navigating to the Bills & Income tab then above your payees, you should see tabs listed as Bills > Income > Payees > Projected Balances > Activity. You will then click on the Bills tab and located at the bottom you should see the notification regarding the pending ebiller. See screenshot below.

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion?

Due to the complexity of the matter it can take apparently forever to identify and fix a problem. While you're fighting the Bill Manager windmill, waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and perhaps all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will do all the work for you and make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the biller and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta

Thank you, I understand what I was missing.
    I still have the "eBiller Status: Outage" with the same message to check the Pending section. However I do not get anything at the bottom of of my page.  See screen shot.  
    Maybe the status is not Pending even though the message says I can check it there. 
  • Hello @jobworker,

Thank you for responding and for providing more information. 

After looking further into this situation, my internal systems are showing the San Diego Gas & Electric ebiller status as degraded. Unfortunately, there is no ETA as to when this will be resolved, however, a resolution is currently being investigated and worked on. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience and I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Quicken Jasmine. Thanks for pursuing the issue and finding the problem.
  • Hello @jobworker,

No problem!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken Jasmine
    I continued to have the problem on my Beta 
    program but not on my production program so I unlinked my eBill inn Beta and reset it up and that took care of the problem.  The other procedure out of  Bills&Income failed as described previously above.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited August 2022
    Hello @jobworker

Thank you for updating us. 

I was unaware that you were regarding assistance with your beta program hence why I was assisting you with normal program troubleshooting steps. If you are requiring assistance with your beta program, please make sure to post in a beta category per your beta policy!

I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken Jasmine
    I apologize.  I thought I had posted this to the Beta section.  Fat fingers or a confused mind.  I will be more careful next there is an issue.  Thanks
  • Hello @jobworker

Absolutely! No problem! 

Enjoy your weekend!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.