New Chase Update Method Won't allow Different Accounts with Different Logins to be Active

Options
aggie11
aggie11 Member ✭✭
Activating the new connection with Chase. I have 2 accounts with 2 different logins. When I activate one, goes through fine, but suggests I deactivate the other and then Quicken does it anyway. The reverse happens when I activate the one Quicken deactivated, it disables the other one. Only one account is allowed to be active at the same time in the same database. Each has a different logon ID. Provides a CC-800 error. Goes back and forth never activating both.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just to clarify - are both of these Quicken Accounts contained in the same physical Quicken QDF data file ?
    or - are they in different physical QDF data files ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• brill
    brill Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    The new Quicken Chase Modifications use the word "share" with quicken. Is "share" the same as "download" ? If I don't want to share, does that mean I won't download transactions like I do daily ? I am a bit confused as to the terminology. I have been downloading transactions into Quicken for years. Also, I don't use Quicken on mobile so I don't want to have my data uploaded on the cloud. It now appears that it uploads to the cloud by the message I get when I authorize "share". Please advise. Thanks
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    yes - they are trying to be polite with the wording..... SHARE => DOWNLOAD
    In Quicken - Take a look at any of the Chase Account registers - and what protocol is listed at the top -
    - Direct Connect - Express Web Connect - Express Web Connect"+" - Web Connect

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• aggie11
    aggie11 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Both are in the same file.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @aggie11,

That seems very strange. 

Are you getting any error codes?  Have you recently restored your Q datafile from a backup?  You indicated that when you "activate one, goes through fine" - are you trying to activate both accounts (which each have their own logon and password) at the same time?  If so, I suggest that you do each one separately.  If they each have separate credentials, there should be no connection between them, but from your description Quicken is treating them as a pair (similar to when you have multiple accounts at an FI but all are under the same username and password.

Let me know.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• aggie11
    aggie11 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Each has their own logon at Chase. You can't activate both at the same time because of that. I believe to be a problem in quicken because it tells me to deactivate one and then does it anyway. Nothing has been restored from backup just trying to activate using the new Chase requirements. Error code is listed in original posting. Chase emails and notes that activation was good.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    brill said:
    The new Quicken Chase Modifications use the word "share" with quicken. Is "share" the same as "download" ? If I don't want to share, does that mean I won't download transactions like I do daily ? I am a bit confused as to the terminology. I have been downloading transactions into Quicken for years. Also, I don't use Quicken on mobile so I don't want to have my data uploaded on the cloud. It now appears that it uploads to the cloud by the message I get when I authorize "share". Please advise. Thanks
    With Chase connection type switching to Express Web Connect+, you will be sharing your data with Intuit and Quicken Inc, for some unspecified period of time. The transaction data is downloaded nightly from Chase and stored on aggregation servers at Intuit and Quicken Inc. When you do a One Step Update to download the transactions to Quicken, the transaction data will come from the Quicken aggregation server. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @aggie11,

Please keep in mind that this process that you are going through in "activating" accounts with Chase is a very new process, so folks here don't necessarily have a lot of experience with it (only two other financial institutions have moved to "EWC+" - both in the last few months) and those transitions did not progress as smoothly as was hoped.

That being said - I suggest that you first make a good backup of your Quicken datafile.  Next follow the steps outlined at this LINK1, making sure that you perform each step.  Keep in mind, that you will have to go through this process twice - once for each Chase login.  Once completed, if you still have problems, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support on Monday - here's that LINK2.

Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Ps56k2 said:
    yes - they are trying to be polite with the wording..... SHARE => DOWNLOAD

Share does not equal download.  As @mshiggins explained your transactions are spending some amount on Quicken Inc and Intuit servers.  Shared on the other hand doesn't mean that they sharing them with anyone outside of the servers that are needed to provide the service.  At least not in all the "details".  Both Quicken Inc's and Intuit's privacy policies like this (from the terms of service):

• This means that we or our Suppliers (as defined below) may collect and use your nonidentifiable, aggregated data (including nonidentifiable financial account balances and other financial account data) or other data obtained through your use of the Products and Services for research, performance tracking, and benchmarking.
    • We or our Suppliers may also use summary or aggregate results relating to such research and distribute or license these anonymous, aggregated results for any purpose, including but not limited to helping to improve the Products and Services, troubleshooting, or technical support.
    • We are a global company and we utilize industry standard technology resources in multiple countries to maintain high security standards. As such, we may access or store personal information in multiple countries, including countries outside of your own country if allowed by law. This may include the United States in the case of Canada users.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • aggie11
    aggie11 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Frankx, but expectations is that this would be effectively tested before rollout, so just because it is new should not be an excuse for quicken not to effectively test it. I'm sure others have more than one login at Chase (e.g., different people in a household). Thanks for your suggedtions.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @aggie11

I just want to clarify my comment above. 

I agree with the expectations you mention above, but I did not intend to indicate that "just because it is new should not be an excuse".  In fact both Chase personnel and Quicken personnel had been working together on this for several months before the rollout was announced.  And I personally don't believe that the Chase or Quicken folks did not effectively test the process during that time.  

That being said I completely understand the frustration that comes from dealing with a process that worked well yesterday, but no longer allows the user to be able to download their data today.

Please let us know how things go for you, going forward.  And don't hesitate to post here again if you have any followups.

Frankx

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All,  If you recall when Schwab migrated to EWC+, initially users could only have one Schwab login per Quicken ID and data file.  Example: If I had one Schwab login for me and another for my wife, after the migration, I could have one or the other account active in the Quicken data file, but not both.  It was the growing pains of the migration process by all entities and it took months for it to finally work as desired.
    I am only pointing out the history of the EWC+ migrations.
    As of now I have ignored all Chase messages and remained on the existing Direct Connect without issues - which I know it will come to an end in September.  And when that happens I have set my personal expectations to year-end for this to become reasonably smooth.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• aggie11
    aggie11 Member ✭✭
    Options
    BK - did the Schwab issue ever work out or was your solution just reverting to the existing Direct Connect? Your problem is identical to mine with Chase.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aggie11 said:
    BK - did the Schwab issue ever work out or was your solution just reverting to the existing Direct Connect? Your problem is identical to mine with Chase.
    The problem was fixed.  Once the Schwab switchover was done Direct Connect wasn't available.
    The same will be true of Chase, eventually Direct Connect will be completely removed as an option.
    Right now if you deactivate a non investment account you will not be able to reactivate it using Direct Connect.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917784/chase-has-crossed-the-point-of-no-return-for-direct-connect-non-investment-accounts

Just so you know, I have seen other threads that have reported not having any problem with multiple user accounts in the same data file after switching over.  For some reason this seems to be hit or miss for some users, maybe this applies?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917529/chase-users-will-not-be-able-to-add-or-migrate-authorized-user-accounts
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aggie11 said:
    What @Chris_QPW wrote.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• aggie11
    aggie11 Member ✭✭
    Options
    All - I am still unable to get two different Chase accounts to work in the same data file. Currently I reset one the other becomes disabled by quicken the active one downloads. Then I reset the inactive one it downloads while quicken disables the prior active one. The only way I can get downloads to happen with EWC+
  • Brian Au
    Brian Au Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @aggie11 said:
    > All - I am still unable to get two different Chase accounts to work in the same data file. Currently I reset one the other becomes disabled by quicken the active one downloads. Then I reset the inactive one it downloads while quicken disables the prior active one. The only way I can get downloads to happen with EWC+

I am having the same issue and am currently on the phone with the Helpdesk trying to escalate. I had called last Friday afternoon, worked with the rep for awhile, and then was told to call back today (Monday) to escalate because there was no one around to escalate at that time. CSR today has told me that this is a known issue and that they also know it was an issue with the Schwab migration, though he was not aware when I first started working with him. there seems to have been no notification to Level 1 Reps of this fact. Level 2 does not know what to do either as I’m being told they are escalating and are communicating even further up (Level 3?). I am being asked to remain on the line, though I have no idea why. I’ve been on the line/on hold with reps now for a total of about two hours (over two calls). If it’s a known issue and they don’t have a fix, why do I need to stay on the line? I’ve already done everything the Level 1 and Level 2 have asked me to try. If they have a possible fix beyond that why isn’t someone from the next level working with me?
  • aggie11
    aggie11 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Brian! You just saved me an hour or so on the phone. I've tried Level 1 and they told me to call back to Level2, but I have not done that yet. I've registered the issue, but it sounds like a problem that will need to be rolled-out
  • VivM
    VivM Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @aggie11 said:
    > All - I am still unable to get two different Chase accounts to work in the same data file. Currently I reset one the other becomes disabled by quicken the active one downloads. Then I reset the inactive one it downloads while quicken disables the prior active one. The only way I can get downloads to happen with EWC+

Same issue here! so frustrating. Hope they are able to fix it soon!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just to share.... I have Schwab running EWC+ and just migrated Chase to EWC+
    Both have multiple User IDs - and both are working fine under EWC+

Schwab JT = P+G
    Schwab JT = P+D

Chase JT = P+G
    Chase JT = G+D
    Chase MC = P
    Chase Visa = G

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• David303
    Options
    All -- Just wanted to add yet another user with this issue, viz., Quicken's inability to utilize more than one set of Chase login credentials (in the same QDF) even though it allows you to store them all, each with the correctly associated Chase accounts. Since Chase manages the EWC+ connection, logic suggests that Quicken would have to log out of Chase, log in with other credentials, then log out again, and repeat as many times as there are different credentials. This would be tantamount to a number of different connections "Chase 1," "Chase 2," etc. In principle this seems doable; let's hope that Quicken sees the value of implementing it.
  • VivM
    VivM Member ✭✭
    Options
    Doing this worked for me! If was driving me insane. But know it shows two separate logins in the one step update progress.

Basically deactivate all chase accounts. Then add via Tools-Add Account. Do this for each Chase Login.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800
  • KevInTX
    KevInTX Member
    Options
    This issue of multiple logons with Chase is still an issue for me. Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? Deactivating and reactivating has not worked for me. User testing on this rollout has been a disaster. Please advise if any fix has been identified or is on the horizon. Thanks!
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @KevInTX said:
    > This issue of multiple logons with Chase is still an issue for me. Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? Deactivating and reactivating has not worked for me. User testing on this rollout has been a disaster. Please advise if any fix has been identified or is on the horizon. Thanks!

When I did mine (I have to userid/passwords for Chase), I deactivated the online accounts for ALL my Chase accounts (checking, credit cards). then I also went into the details and removed the account # and the Financial Institution. Then once that was done, went in and enabled online access for the one userid, it found all the correct accounts, and then did the same with the 2nd userid accounts. I can't guarantee it'll work for you though.
This discussion has been closed.