Crashing program

Susan Brasel
Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
I entered 2 items for $0.90 in my investing account. I did not like the way I did it, so I deleted them. I went to the "Home" tab and it said I have 2 uncategorized transactions, and there are the 2 x 90 cent transactions that I deleted from the investing account before adding a category. If I try to delete these or if I try to add a category to them, it crashes Quicken. I have no backup that goes back before I added and deleted these transactions, so that is not an option. Any ideas on how to get rid of these, or do I just live with it? Also the total at the bottom says $2.00 and "the last 30 days" at the top says $0.

Answers

• Hello @Susan Brasel,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Susan Brasel
    Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine I did a validation, It removed one of the lines but not the other. Tried again, no luck. Did super validation with no luck...I still have one of the entries there, and it still crashes if I try to manipulate it.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks to me as if the data file is beyond repair. Try to restore your data file from a Manual or Automatic backup taken before this problem first occurred. Go back to restoring successively older backups until you find a file that works
    If all else fails,
  • Hello @Susan Brasel,

Thank you for attempting the validate/super validate functions though I do apologize that did not assist us in reaching a resolution. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Susan Brasel
    Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
    I did find a backup one day before this incident. I restored that one and updated all my accounts. I had to do a little tweaking, but everything is working fine now. Thank you both.
  • Hello @Susan Brasel,

Thank you for updating us. 

I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.