Any known problems with wells fargo today?

Mark Shafton
Mark Shafton Member ✭✭
Been using this for 20+ years and today getting OL393a error during download. Most current version of quicken deluxe for windows on windows 10. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, if you are still experiencing this, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mark Shafton
    Mark Shafton Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks everyone. Mine is working now as well.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Been using this for 20+ years and today getting OL393a error during download. Most current version of quicken deluxe for windows on windows 10. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.
    Hello @Mark Shafton

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this OL-393-A error. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then try proceeding through the steps listed in the Support Article linked here. I am curious to hear about your results. 

I hope to hear back from you, if you have the opportunity to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mark Shafton
    Mark Shafton Member ✭✭
    Tried everything suggested and no help. On hold with bank but no known issues. They are checking some additional resources.
  • narrqchat
    narrqchat Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Mark Shafton, yes, I'm seeing the same error on Wells Fargo this morning, with no reason for it. Tedious at best.

I've noticed WF seeming to take more and more of weekends as their 'free time' to disrupt service, and this would not be the first time that they let it spill over to Monday, which they consider a free day also as there are generally no updates actually on Mondays.

Some feeling this will have to do with the push to change all protocols...dropping Direct Connect for 'Express Web Connect Plus'. No, this is not an improvement...rather a rollback of abilities.

Chase has been warning they're doing it imminently...and nothing happens, but it will. This will mean you sign in with the bank, for connections -- and will get lovely requirements to do it again every few months. Underneath it is a widespread banking industry change, meant to drift you back to their services, such as bill pay. In some ways it should improve matters, but we'll have to see...
  • Mark Shafton
    Mark Shafton Member ✭✭
    Thanks narrqchat I will give them another day then and see if it clears up.
  • narrqchat
    narrqchat Member ✭✭
    ...and, it just 'happened', with Chase, as I tried to update a second time this morning to see if Wells Fargo has decided to work.

Thank you, Mark, for raising the flag -- this way I didn't need to go through rituals with Wells Fargo, who at least have some very capable and definitely helpful persons in their technical support for such matters.
  • james.mccoy1
    james.mccoy1 Member ✭✭
    I just tried to update 2 WF accounts and they both came up with OL393-A error.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Three accounts at Wells. Its likely them.
  • narrqchat
    narrqchat Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Wells Fargo Direct Connect appears to be back and operating, this evening as of 17:25 PDST (San Diego). I really don't think theres's any concept of 'service' in these parts....

The Chase upgrade to EWC+ was surprisingly smooth - asked for and did just as technically would be supposed, and then just worked.

It's a security advantage not to have Quicken and their Intuit servers handling ones passwords, that's true. Of course, the loss of Direct Connect itself, when this happens to accounts that have it, not so good.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, if you are still experiencing this, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• narrqchat
    narrqchat Member ✭✭
    Received transactions this morning, so appears Wells Fargo is back, and Chase EWC+ operates also....
  • Mark Shafton
    Mark Shafton Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks everyone. Mine is working now as well.
This discussion has been closed.