New Chase Account Authorization Issues

Answers

• > @RockStarInTraining said:
    > > @RockStarInTraining said:
    > > Yeah I got the Chase issue here too. I trie do the new authorization and it did not list my Chase account as the one to link to. So I thought I would deauthorize the account and then try to link again and it frozen when I deauthorized the Chase account and I had to close through Task Manager. Any time I try to now link it to Chase via eather the box at the bottom when Chase account is selected or under the Account's Edit menu. Has anyone figure out how to get around this? All my other online accounts from AMEX, Fidelity, CaptialOne, etc are still continuing to bring down transactions.
    >
    > I mean to say the entire program freezes up anytime I try to link to a chase account. Today I was able to link to PNC and that worked so I know it is something related to Chase.

as others like @Chris_QPW mentioned above if you go to Tools -> Add Account that does seem to work to add a Chase account or you can also link to an existing one if you have previously DeActivated its online connection.
  • mmpunch
    mmpunch Member ✭✭
    Similar to most...Today I updated my Quicken with the new Chase connection type; "what a screwup", it did not let me link my current accounts so it added additional accounts to my Quicken and downloaded transactions in the additional accounts (dang it). Thank God I had a back up. Where is the quality control on these changes.. The Chase accounts were not in the pull down list to link to current accounts.
  • Quicken needs to update its instructions. I was having trouble getting quicken to connect. In order for the new download system to work, you first have to disconnect your account and then reconnect your account. Once you reconnect it should work fine.
  • dlipetz
    dlipetz Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Folks - while I was "successful" linking my Chase accounts, NO transactions have downloaded since the change despite their being transactions on the account and shown on the Chase website.

For folks that have the new connection, is anyone actually receiving downloaded transactions?

To be sure - Deactivated online services for Chase in Quicken and exited the app, went to the Chase website and disabled the Quicken connection, and redid everything from scratch. All appears to work except NO transactions actually download.
  • mmpunch
    mmpunch Member ✭✭
    HELLO QUICKEN - your instructions say "After you sign in, follow the on-screen prompts. If you receive a blank screen, a pop-up blocker could be preventing the Chase prompts from appearing. You will need to temporarily disable any pop-up blockers or update their settings to allow pop-ups from Chase.
    Choose to Link your account(s) to your existing accounts in Quicken."
    PROBLEM - the ability to "link" to existing accounts was not in the pull down menu, VERY BAD!
  • heycasey
    heycasey Member ✭✭
    > @dlipetz said:
    > Folks - while I was "successful" linking my Chase accounts, NO transactions have downloaded since the change despite their being transactions on the account and shown on the Chase website.
    >
    > For folks that have the new connection, is anyone actually receiving downloaded transactions?
    >
    > To be sure - Deactivated online services for Chase in Quicken and exited the app, went to the Chase >website and disabled the Quicken connection, and redid everything from scratch. All appears to work >except NO transactions actually download.

Yes, after I got the new connection working, I have been able to download transactions successfully for the past couple of days. I have two Chase credit card accounts.
  • dlipetz
    dlipetz Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Thanks for your response @heycasey Still not downloading any Chase transactions for me. No errors, just no transactions. Argh!

Quicken - any ideas?
  • sck352
    sck352 Member ✭✭
    i had a similar experience. when i tried to set up the new connection, it wouldnt let me link the accounts due to the old link. I deactivated online services for all chase accounts. now whenever i try to relink, Quicken locks up and crashes.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    sck352 said:
    i had a similar experience. when i tried to set up the new connection, it wouldnt let me link the accounts due to the old link. I deactivated online services for all chase accounts. now whenever i try to relink, Quicken locks up and crashes.
    Don't try to "relink".  Instead use Tools -> Add Account and at the end of that process it will present you with a list of your online accounts and pulldown menus you can use to link them to your existing accounts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • thestatman
    thestatman Member ✭✭
    Well I have tried everything about 20 times. I always get the links to the correct accounts and then when Quicken updates every account says there is a problem (error-32 no account found). Quicken has completely failed on this transition. Also still no fix for Citi bank credit cards!!!
  • thestatman
    thestatman Member ✭✭
    Update...I was on a chat for over an hour. They could not fix the problem. I tried again to chat for another 30 minutes, they could not fix the problem. I called tech support was on the phone for over an hour. At the end of that call I was told it needs to be escalated, but that office isn't open until 9:30amPST. I called after that time, shared my screen with the tech support after 45 minutes they said I had to call back to escalate, but they had created a ticket number with all pertinent information. I was told the escalation was not available until 10:00am PST. I just got off the phone, had to give all the information again. Was on hold for 30 minutes waiting for the escalated group support, they had no idea had long I would have to wait. WOW are you kidding me. This is Quicken customer support? Inconveniencing the customer who has spent >5 hours trouble shooting a failed conversion.
  • berodman
    berodman Member ✭✭
    > @sck352 said:
    > i had a similar experience. when i tried to set up the new connection, it wouldnt let me link the accounts due to the old link. I deactivated online services for all chase accounts. now whenever i try to relink, Quicken locks up and crashes.

Same thing has happened to me. Jeepers.
  • berodman
    berodman Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Don't try to "relink".  Instead use Tools -> Add Account and at the end of that process it will present you with a list of your online accounts and pulldown menus you can use to link them to your existing accounts.

THIS WORKS....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
  • DoggyLini
    DoggyLini Member
    I had the same issue... followed prompts then got error messages. What worked (after reading the thread) was deactivating all accounts, then closing Quicken, then reconnecting one account, then they all connected. It is amazing that with all the testing that should have happened this little step was missed. I also agree the communication suggested that we needed to take action, but couldn't until prompted to do so.
  • Gregg107
    Gregg107 Member ✭✭✭
    BE CAREFUL. Quicken linked one of my Chase accounts to a totally unrelated account at a different institution. I correct this by deactivating that account and all Chase accounts then using the Tools/Add account option to relink. Appears to be fine now except that Quicken downloaded previous transactions that had already been accepted into the register.
    So BE CAREFUL...CHECK EVERYTHING and ALL ACCOUNTS. You are the final QA step in this process!
  • Chadschloss78
    Chadschloss78 Member ✭✭
    I got it to work after deactivating all chase related accounts, added them back via + new accounts, directed to chase website, confirmed accounts, but then after it downloaded my transactions, all my accounts were messed up - balances are incorrect by thousands, had to restore a backup and try again. Still same thing.
  • Deactivating all accounts and then adding back in with + is working but not all at once. I have 14 accounts with Chase and it took several tries to get them all to reconnect, each time have to re-deactivating those accounts that failed to sync. No issues with balances out of sync but that has absolutely been a problem in the past when de-activating/re-activation and generally costs me 2-3 hours off time fixing.

This update is a mess and I wish I was not so vested in Quicken. This could have gone very differently and left me in the place of manual reconciliation like the 90s. Until reading the forum's feedback I was starting to dread it so thank you to the strong *USER* community of Quicken for great advice.

To Quicken, customer service just wasn't there and amazingly bad job on the roll-out. I'm trusting you with my financial information and now I'm having doubts if the B-Team coders responsible for this update continue to make changes.
  • I, too, have been having problems. I have several checking accounts and a saving account at Chase, plus several credit cards, and when I originally tried to do the conversion everything went haywire. I have not had a proper update through Quicken since mid-June 2022.

After reading all of yesterday and today's comments I've decided to de-link all Chase accounts for the next week or so and let everything get a chance at debugging by Quicken and Chase.

My profession before I retired was software developer and debugger, and I prefer not to be a beta-tester in my old age.
  • abbey9
    abbey9 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    After spending a fruitless half hour on the phone with Chase, cursing (I apologize) the person who told me that since the "link" option was only showing non-Chase accounts, I should choose the "add account" option. I warned him I did not want to have duplicate accounts. When exactly that happened (for all 3 of of my Chase accounts, and last 81days of transactions were re-downloaded, he said well can't you just delete the old accounts? Wow. So the good news is that I could delete the new accounts, and that action also deleted the duplicate transactions, but it didn't update to Express Web Direct. Oddly another of my credit cards that uses a different login did switch to Express Web Direct. So then I came here and read the suggestion of deactivating first, THANK YOU. That sounded logical, so I tried that for just one account, closed Quicken and waited as recommended, and logged back in. When I logged back in to activate the deactivated account Quicken FROZE (as someone else here has experienced). Ctl-Alt-Del unfroze and didn't screw anything up more. So I deactivated my other Chase accounts, waited an hour, came back, and everything seemed to work. They even linked to correct account names, so I thought all was well. HOWEVER, they still downloaded months of already reconciled duplicate transactions (but not all of them -wtf?). And what's worse is the duplicates don't "match" (well one said it did, but it really was a duplicate) and if you try to "manually match", it says there is no match, so then you have to delete each of the newly downloaded transactions manually. And now my account(s?) doesn't reconcile, so I have to go back to May and figure out what's duplicated or what's missing. And all this on a weekend where Quicken's phone contact is offline. What a horror show.
  • abbey9
    abbey9 Member ✭✭
    So after spending even more time trying to reconcile my accounts (I reconcile every month religiously), I see the several thousand dollar discrepancies in each of my savings and checking accounts were somehow placed before 2022. Wish I had waited like Shopping Sherry did.
  • sck352
    sck352 Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Don't try to "relink".  Instead use Tools -> Add Account and at the end of that process it will present you with a list of your online accounts and pulldown menus you can use to link them to your existing accounts.

That did it. thank you!
  • This whole Chase-Quicken security migration has been a disaster. Curious but did this not go through some sort of UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and testing before the changes were rolled into production? When can we expect resolution?
  • abbey9
    abbey9 Member ✭✭
    Does the "Using Tools" solution prevent downloading duplicate transactions? Does it prevent reconciliation discrepancies?
  • abbey9
    abbey9 Member ✭✭
    And really the whole lead-up to this change was misleading. "Your Chase connection is getting an update. Quicken has partnered with Chase for a faster more reliable connection ... you can expect fewer download errors and more reliable service - all through a more secure connection."
    That may be true, but the much bigger change is that once you update this connection, Chase will no longer allow you to make payments through Quicken.
  • JuliaMS
    JuliaMS Member
    Chase outage message - Tried reactivate from the one step update page, nothing. Tried again from the account online settings, nothing. Then tried to deactivate the add it back - also tried add acount. The last two let me sign into Chase and select the accounts then gives me Chase outage message
  • joecg
    joecg Member ✭✭✭
    > @dlipetz said:
    > Thanks for your response @heycasey Still not downloading any Chase transactions for me. No errors, just no transactions. Argh!
    >
    > Quicken - any ideas?

Came here because I've had the exact same issue for the last few days since completing the change.

At first I followed Quicken's instructions - which were clearly wrong/incomplete, as they didn't advise to first DEACTIVATE the Online Services before completing the process. I realized this when no Chase accounts showed up in the Link process.

After deactivating all of the relevant Chase accounts, I used the Online setup on one of them. I think this is the issue, per others' comments in this thread.

I'm now going to deactivate them all again and this time try to do the Add Account > Chase icon.

Fingers crossed.
  • briggs
    briggs Member
    I was finally able to link my Chase account by first going to the chase site... security and privacy....scrolling down to linked accounts and websites.... selecting quicken via intuit.... and then stopped sharing. I was then able to go back to Quicken and set it all up again. Dont ask me to do it again .... i could never figure it out.
  • Keddie
    Keddie Member ✭✭
    Same problem here everything with Chase is broken at this time and cannot re-active as it just says failed to authorize with chase.
  • mpagano
    mpagano Member ✭✭
    Here's what worked for me.

1. Go to chase.com, and remove data sharing for Quicken (Security Tab when you log in)
    2. close quicken
    3. Allow pop-ups for [*.]chase.com (I did this in chrome, I'm sure it's googlable for other browsers)
    4. I waited a few minutes
    5. Start quicken
    6. click on the plus sign after Accounts on the left hand side panel
    7. click chase
    8. go through the steps on chase, adding *ALL* the accounts you want synced
    9. compete process, it sends you back to quicken
    10. clean-up duplicate transactions from downloaded list.
    11. profit
This discussion has been closed.