Chase Credit Card - Question About Upcoming Change

I have had a Chase credit card for many years. I understand that they are changing the way they allow Quicken (& other applications) to connect to their systems.

I've a Calendar reminder for my Chase bill in Quicken for many years. Late last year I decided to try Quicken's Bill Manager. After I set up my Chase bill successfully and confirmed that I was getting PDFs of the monthly bills, I linked my Calendar reminder to it. Everything was good, I made my payments for a few months - no worries.

After this announcement, I unlinked the Calendar reminder from the entry in Bill Manager, because the Bill Manager due date was incorrect. When I did this, the Bill Manager entry simply disappeared - gone. And of course, I cannot get it back now.

When I start Quicken, I see this reminder:
:Attention Required:
We're starting to update your Chase accounts
Quicken has partnered with Chase for a faster, more reliable connection.
We're starting to update users to the new Chase connection.
When it's time to make the update, you will be prompted in Quicken. Then, just follow the on-screen instructions to update your connection.
You'll need to complete the update by 9/26/22, or your Chase accounts will stop refreshing in Quicken.

Should I have received anything regarding the update yet? Will I not get the update because my Bill Manager entry disappeared?

BTW, when I spoke to Customer Support a few minutes ago, I was told that I Quicken will no longer connect to Chase at all (not even for bill downloads)- no "new Chase connection" - I will have to mail a check.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DexterB said:

BTW, when I spoke to Customer Support a few minutes ago, I was told that I Quicken will no longer connect to Chase at all (not even for bill downloads)- no "new Chase connection" - I will have to mail a check.
    Does the account you would be writing the checks from - presumably a checking account - not have online bill pay via their website? 

I’ve been paying my Chase credit card payment for many years using Bank of America’s online bill pay feature. Bank of America even allows connecting other funding sources for your bill payments, like brokerage accounts. I’ve used that feature to make payments from Bank of America while drawing funds from Fidelity. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• DexterB
    DexterB Member ✭✭
    I used to pay my bills thru my bank, but found them to be slow. (Just wondering if other banks process electronic payments over weekends - mine does not, nor on holidays. Quicken Bill Manager seems to process them much faster. But at this point, I'm not sure Quicken's Bill Manager is going to survive the changes coming. Lots of sites are going to two-factor authentication for every single connection, and there's no way to handle that with Bill Manager
    One option would be to record the payees website in Quicken and just make secure payments that way.
This discussion has been closed.