Bill Reminders converted to Deposit Transactions

My American Express card bill reminder is now showing as a Deposit Transaction. I did not take any action to make this happen. This same error occurred a few months ago with my Home Depot credit card. How do I prevent this from happening again? Is there a way to edit the Deposit transaction so that it is once again showing as a Bill Reminder?
Tagged:

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @rleifield

I haven't seen this being reported before.  How did you resolve this issue when it happened "a few months ago"?

I don't believe that you'll be able to "edit that transaction" to make it into a bill reminder at this point.  Instead, I would suggest that you simply delete it. 

On first blush, this sounds like your datafile may be corrupted - since you've seen this happen two times recently.  You might want to validate your datafile - see this LINK for more information.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭✭
    The only way to fix it is to delete it and recreate the bill reminder. I did that and now my American Express bill reminder is showing as a deposit next month! I will use the Link above and trust that you are not sending me a virus.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The link just goes to a Quicken help article.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    volvogirl said:
    The link just goes to a Quicken help article.
    As of this posting, the link in @Frankx 's response opens OK for me: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
    before you delete this reminder or make other changes to it, could you show us a screen image snapshot of it, please?
    In case of transfers between account registers, it may depend on the point of view: Was the reminder created from a deposit transaction in the credit card account or was it created from a payment transaction in checking?

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭✭
    I validated my database and it found errors in the bill reminders but didn’t say what they were. I assume that is what was causing the problem. Thanks everyone for the responses.
  • rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭✭
    Too late to make a screen shot. My bill reminders are always created to pay with a checking account . I don’t understand your question about creating a bill reminder using a transaction.
This discussion has been closed.