Calendar Labels Missing after R43.14 Update

Nacraman
Nacraman Member ✭✭
After Quicken updated my subscription to version R43.14 on 8/19, my reminder labels disappeared in my calendar view (Bills & Income tab). I can see them on the Full Calendar view, but not on the default tab view.

How do I get them back?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Nacraman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Nacraman
    Nacraman Member ✭✭
    I did both - nothing worked. I can see the label if I hover over the reminder, but it does not show automatically in the calendar like it used to. I do see them if I go to :Show Full Calendar".
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Nacraman said:
    I did both - nothing worked. I can see the label if I hover over the reminder, but it does not show automatically in the calendar like it used to. I do see them if I go to :Show Full Calendar".
    Hello @Nacraman

I am sorry to hear that this issue is continuing even after pursuing the file validation steps. Thank you for following up with us about this to let us know about your results.

How often do you save backups? To reiterate, we recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done frequently, you should be able to restore a backup saved just prior to when this issue began by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. I want to know if you can restore a backup from prior to when this problem emerged in order to see whether or not these symptoms continue, as this would be the next available troubleshooting step.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Nacraman
    Nacraman Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, I do not have a recent backup.
  • Nacraman
    Nacraman Member ✭✭
    How can I revert to the previous version of Quicken?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    @Nacraman

Thanks for getting back to me with additional details about the situation. I do apologize that this problem is still ongoing.

One other option left to us is to try copying your data file. Please note that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied data file, and that it will be necessary to reactivate all online account connections, online Bill Manager services, and all online notifications in the new copy of the data file. Also, a new data set will be created in the new data file, should you intend to use that as your primary data file, going forward. 

With that in mind, if you wish to continue, follow these steps, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Copy or Backup File...
    3. Select Create a copy or template
    4. Click Next 
    5. Select a file location on your computer
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK
    Let me know how this works! 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Nacraman
    Nacraman Member ✭✭
    More troubleshooting: When I select Full Screen (F11) from the View menu, the labels appear. When I deselect Full Screen, they disappear.
  • Nacraman
    Nacraman Member ✭✭
    Even more troubleshooting: I currently have the Account Bar showing to the left of the calendar. If I turn off the Account Bar, the calendar goes full screen, but without labels. If I select View/Full Screen, they appear.
  • Nacraman
    Nacraman Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > @Nacraman, 
    >
    > Thanks for getting back to me with additional details about the situation. I do apologize that this problem is still ongoing.One other option left to us is to try copying your data file. Please note that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied data file, and that it will be necessary to reactivate all online account connections, online Bill Manager services, and all online notifications in the new copy of the data file. Also, a new data set will be created in the new data file, should you intend to use that as your primary data file, going forward. 
    >
    > With that in mind, if you wish to continue, follow these steps, in order:
    >
    > * Navigate to File
    > * Select Copy or Backup File...
    > * Select Create a copy or template
    > * Click Next 
    > * Select a file location on your computer
    > * Click Save Copy
    > * Select New Copy
    > * Click OK
    >
    > Let me know how this works! 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

No joy. It looks like a bug in the latest update. Not happy.
This discussion has been closed.